A top collector should have three things, says a knowledgeable observer of the things top collectors should have:
1. Deep pockets.
2. Big closets.
3. No memory.
Deep pockets? Big closets? That’s easy. How come no memory?
Recent 200 Top Collectors
- To Be Frank: How Old-School Artist Jan Frank Became New Again
- Mystery, Eccentricity, and Gallows Humor: Matthew Weinstein on Mark Manders and H.C. Westermann
- A Still Is a Still Is a Still . . . Still: Clyfford Still's Replicas
- Photographic Memory: Artur Walther Has Built What May Be the World’s Largest and Most Important Private Collection of African Photography
- ‘…But We Can’t Pay You’: Performance Art and Money's Knotty Relationship