Magnus Renfrew, Art Basel’s Director Asia, overseeing its Hong Kong fair, announced that he is leaving the company to join Bonhams as deputy chairman Asia and director of fine arts, according to Bloomberg.Renfrew—the founding director who led the Art HK fair for all five of its iterations from 2008 to 2012, before it was acquired by the Basel mothership—told the wire service, “This is a very exciting time to be involved in the Asian art market and building up an Asian collector base.”
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'
- Here Are The Renderings For Frank Gehry's Proposed $300 M. L.A. Project
- Nicole K. Allen White Named Director of Government and External Affairs at Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Morning Links: Takashi Murakami's Private Collection Edition
- Sotheby's Will Sell ABBA's Piano in September