Magnus Renfrew, Art Basel’s Director Asia, overseeing its Hong Kong fair, announced that he is leaving the company to join Bonhams as deputy chairman Asia and director of fine arts, according to Bloomberg.Renfrew—the founding director who led the Art HK fair for all five of its iterations from 2008 to 2012, before it was acquired by the Basel mothership—told the wire service, “This is a very exciting time to be involved in the Asian art market and building up an Asian collector base.”
- Morning Links: DIY Museum Edition
- How Do Art Businesses Stack Up on Facebook?
- Sotheby's London Cleaners Barred From Work After Protest
- A Gallery Grows In the Galeries: The Grandest Shopping Center in Paris Turns to Contemporary Art
- ‘Democratization, Not Monetization’: Jeremy Kost on Selling His Instagram Male Models for $100 Each