The Art Newspaper reports that Damien Hirst’s exhibition space, which was said to be set to open this year, will in fact open in “May or June” of next year.The space sounds properly museum-like and will include a restaurant and office space. Though a stalwart of many major collections, Hirst is an impressive collector himself, and shows constituted from his Murderme collection frequently receive high marks from reviewers.He’s also become ever more the real estate developer, of late. In 2012 he announced plans to build 500 green homes near his own in North Devon.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- New York’s Clifton Benevento Gallery Closes
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques