The Art Newspaper reports that Damien Hirst’s exhibition space, which was said to be set to open this year, will in fact open in “May or June” of next year.The space sounds properly museum-like and will include a restaurant and office space. Though a stalwart of many major collections, Hirst is an impressive collector himself, and shows constituted from his Murderme collection frequently receive high marks from reviewers.He’s also become ever more the real estate developer, of late. In 2012 he announced plans to build 500 green homes near his own in North Devon.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- A Closer Look at the New Directors of Italy's Top 20 Museums
- Gallery Diet Is Moving Out Of Miami's Wynwood District
- Glenn Ligon Names His Ten Favorite Books, Includes 'Citizen' Among Them
- Morning Links: @dirty_corner Edition
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'