The Art Newspaper reports that Damien Hirst’s exhibition space, which was said to be set to open this year, will in fact open in “May or June” of next year.The space sounds properly museum-like and will include a restaurant and office space. Though a stalwart of many major collections, Hirst is an impressive collector himself, and shows constituted from his Murderme collection frequently receive high marks from reviewers.He’s also become ever more the real estate developer, of late. In 2012 he announced plans to build 500 green homes near his own in North Devon.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- James Cohan Gallery Will Open A Third Location On The Lower East Side
- The Broad MSU Announces a 50-Year Survey of Video Art, One of Michael Rush's Final Shows
- Boeing Donates $20M To The Kennedy Center's $100M Expansion Project
- Anish Kapoor and Cecil Balmond's ArcelorMittal Orbit Tower to Become a Slide
- Preview Seattle Art Fair 2015