The Art Newspaper reports that Damien Hirst’s exhibition space, which was said to be set to open this year, will in fact open in “May or June” of next year.The space sounds properly museum-like and will include a restaurant and office space. Though a stalwart of many major collections, Hirst is an impressive collector himself, and shows constituted from his Murderme collection frequently receive high marks from reviewers.He’s also become ever more the real estate developer, of late. In 2012 he announced plans to build 500 green homes near his own in North Devon.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- Artists in Guggenheim Show Release Statement Criticizing Termination of Gulf Labor Talks
- MoMA Offers Voluntary Buyouts to Employees Ahead of Upcoming Renovation
- With Its New Building, SFMOMA Cements a Place on the World Stage
- Duke Riley on his Airborne Project for Creative Time, Starring Thousands of His Beloved Pigeons
- Wim Delvoye to Open a Gallery in Kashan, Iran