Earlier this week the Winklevoss twins’ Winklevoss Capital invested in the auction start-up Paddle8. The investment on the part of the twins, famous for their claims regarding the development of Facebook and more recently their boosting of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, means users may be able to buy art on the site using Bitcoin.Paddle8 CEO Aditya Julka told Fast Company that “the initial connection between the Winklevosses and his auction house [sic] was made through their mutual interest in Bitcoins.”The full article features many more quotes about the potential for buying art with Bitcoins, which, like art, also represent an unregulated market. Read more at Fast Company.
- Amid the Frieze Week Frenzy, Off Vendome Shares Its Space With Five Galleries
- Mirror, Mirror: David Altmejd Reimagines Human Evolution at Frieze New York
- 'Being Here Is an Unusual Experience': Finding Some Quiet Time With Fred Wilson at Frieze New York
- Herb Alpert Foundation Names 2016 Award Winners, Including Simone Leigh
- A Tour of Frieze New York 2016