Earlier this week the Winklevoss twins’ Winklevoss Capital invested in the auction start-up Paddle8. The investment on the part of the twins, famous for their claims regarding the development of Facebook and more recently their boosting of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, means users may be able to buy art on the site using Bitcoin.Paddle8 CEO Aditya Julka told Fast Company that “the initial connection between the Winklevosses and his auction house [sic] was made through their mutual interest in Bitcoins.”The full article features many more quotes about the potential for buying art with Bitcoins, which, like art, also represent an unregulated market. Read more at Fast Company.
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Now Represents Simon Fujiwara
- Seamus Harahan Wins the 2015 Jarman Award
- For Performa 15, Chimurenga Hosted a Radio Station, a Book Market, a Hair Salon, and Quite a Bit More
- The Landlord From Hell: Artist Duo Body by Body Tackles Gentrification in New Operatic Performance
- Here Are the 2015 Recipients of Creative Capital Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Grants