Earlier this week the Winklevoss twins’ Winklevoss Capital invested in the auction start-up Paddle8. The investment on the part of the twins, famous for their claims regarding the development of Facebook and more recently their boosting of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, means users may be able to buy art on the site using Bitcoin.Paddle8 CEO Aditya Julka told Fast Company that “the initial connection between the Winklevosses and his auction house [sic] was made through their mutual interest in Bitcoins.”The full article features many more quotes about the potential for buying art with Bitcoins, which, like art, also represent an unregulated market. Read more at Fast Company.
- ‘Thinking from the Present Allowed Us to Get to the Past’: Peter Eleey Talks the New Embrace of Old Work in ‘Greater New York’
- Artnews S.A. and BMP Media Holdings Merger Finalized
- Oscar Murillo In The Evening Standard: '[Paintings] Are The Engine And They Drive The Whole Machine'
- Grumpy Old Men: Tom Wolfe and Tom Sachs Duke It Out Over Contemporary Art
- Sotheby's Announces Sale of Rare Double-Sided Picasso, Monet Masterpiece