Earlier this week the Winklevoss twins’ Winklevoss Capital invested in the auction start-up Paddle8. The investment on the part of the twins, famous for their claims regarding the development of Facebook and more recently their boosting of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, means users may be able to buy art on the site using Bitcoin.Paddle8 CEO Aditya Julka told Fast Company that “the initial connection between the Winklevosses and his auction house [sic] was made through their mutual interest in Bitcoins.”The full article features many more quotes about the potential for buying art with Bitcoins, which, like art, also represent an unregulated market. Read more at Fast Company.
- Whitney Museum Board Elects New President, Co-Chairs
- William Pope.L Flag Makes an Appearance at Kendrick Lamar's BET Awards Performance
- Morning Links: Art Portal Edition
- ‘Big Pieces of the Sky and Ocean’: De Wain Valentine on His First New York Solo Show in 30 Years
- Frieze London Taps Lutz Bacher, Rachel Rose, More for Projects