Earlier this week the Winklevoss twins’ Winklevoss Capital invested in the auction start-up Paddle8. The investment on the part of the twins, famous for their claims regarding the development of Facebook and more recently their boosting of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, means users may be able to buy art on the site using Bitcoin.Paddle8 CEO Aditya Julka told Fast Company that “the initial connection between the Winklevosses and his auction house [sic] was made through their mutual interest in Bitcoins.”The full article features many more quotes about the potential for buying art with Bitcoins, which, like art, also represent an unregulated market. Read more at Fast Company.
- Morning Links: @dirty_corner Edition
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'
- Here Are The Renderings For Frank Gehry's Proposed $300 M. L.A. Project
- Nicole K. Allen White Named Director of Government and External Affairs at Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Morning Links: Takashi Murakami's Private Collection Edition