Stories mentioning the sculpture were reportedly deleted after a Photoshop of the toad wearing glasses similar to former Chinese President Jiang Zemin surfaced online. “Sorry, this news has been deleted,” said a message on the Xinhua site.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Members of White House Committee on the Arts and Humanities Resign in Protest Following President's Comments on Charlottesville
- Blanton Museum in Austin Receives Gift of Seven Works by Leon Polk Smith
- MoMA Will Remain Open Until 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays Through Year End [Updated]
- Indianapolis Museum of Art Rechristens Campus as 'Newfields, a Place for Nature and the Arts'
- Creative Time Raises Flag by Nari Ward