Stories mentioning the sculpture were reportedly deleted after a Photoshop of the toad wearing glasses similar to former Chinese President Jiang Zemin surfaced online. “Sorry, this news has been deleted,” said a message on the Xinhua site.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Facing Pressure From an Increasingly Fair-Oriented Art World, London's Vilma Gold Gallery Will Close
- ‘There’s Something in This Model That Feels Outdated’: Ibid Gallery Closes Its Central London Space
- MOCA Los Angeles Adds Amanda Hunt, Anna Katz to Curatorial Staff
- Andrea Büttner at Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Postmasters Gallery Expands to Rome, Names Kerry Doran Director