A judge in Washington, D.C. Superior Court will hear arguments from the “Save the Corcoran” group next week during a four-day hearing aimed at preventing the merger of the Corcoran Gallery of Art with the National Gallery of Art, The Art Newspaper reports.“Save the Corcoran” is mostly comprised of students, staff and faculty of the Corcoran and its College of Art and Design. The plan to merge the institution with another was motivated by debt and a shrinking endowment, and was announced in February. If the plan goes through, the institution would likely cede its collection to another party.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- New York’s Clifton Benevento Gallery Closes
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques