A judge in Washington, D.C. Superior Court will hear arguments from the “Save the Corcoran” group next week during a four-day hearing aimed at preventing the merger of the Corcoran Gallery of Art with the National Gallery of Art, The Art Newspaper reports.“Save the Corcoran” is mostly comprised of students, staff and faculty of the Corcoran and its College of Art and Design. The plan to merge the institution with another was motivated by debt and a shrinking endowment, and was announced in February. If the plan goes through, the institution would likely cede its collection to another party.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- Art + Feminism Announces Third Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Massimo De Carlo Will Open a Fourth Location, in Milan
- 'It’s About the Possibility of Carrying On': Claudette Schreuders on Her Show at Jack Shainman
- Morning Links: Fashionable Cindy Sherman Edition
- Art Institute of Chicago Is Renting a Replica of Vincent van Gogh's Bedroom for $10 Per Night on Airbnb