A judge in Washington, D.C. Superior Court will hear arguments from the “Save the Corcoran” group next week during a four-day hearing aimed at preventing the merger of the Corcoran Gallery of Art with the National Gallery of Art, The Art Newspaper reports.“Save the Corcoran” is mostly comprised of students, staff and faculty of the Corcoran and its College of Art and Design. The plan to merge the institution with another was motivated by debt and a shrinking endowment, and was announced in February. If the plan goes through, the institution would likely cede its collection to another party.Read more at The Art Newspaper.
- Morning Links: Texte zur Kunst Edition
- First Lady: Channeling Jackie Kennedy, Karen Finley Inaugurates Broad Museum's Performance Program
- Feuer and Mesler Double Down on Grand Street, Closing Orchard Street Gallery
- Heimo Zobernig Awarded the 2016 Roswitha Haftmann Prize
- New Complaint Filed Against Nahmads Over Modigliani Portrait