The card is mostly aimed at making it easier for undocumented immigrants to go about bureaucratic matters like singing a lease, but the thinking goes that added benefits might help its adoption. “All New Yorkers should want to have this card,” said Cultural Affairs Commissioner Tom Finklepearl.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Facing Pressure From an Increasingly Fair-Oriented Art World, London's Vilma Gold Gallery Will Close
- ‘There’s Something in This Model That Feels Outdated’: Ibid Gallery Closes Its Central London Space
- MOCA Los Angeles Adds Amanda Hunt, Anna Katz to Curatorial Staff
- Andrea Büttner at Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Postmasters Gallery Expands to Rome, Names Kerry Doran Director