Head over to The Wall Street Journal today for a fun interview with Thomas Demand, in which he discusses Matisse and reveals that he’ll soon open a new studio in Berlin that he will share with Tacita Dean and Thomas Scheibitz.The throwaway quote at the end is not so surprising, given the artist’s work, but enjoyable off-topic all the same:“On a long-distance flight, I recently watched “The Lego Movie.” It was the only film screened that I had not seen yet. It was very innovative. I first thought it was merchandising financed and commissioned by Lego. But no, it was not.”If you say so, Thomas Demand! Read more at The Wall Street Journal.
- David Rubenstein Gives $25 M. for Arts Funding At Duke
- Here Are the Artists Included in MoMA PS1's 2015 Greater New York Show
- Phillips Collection and University of Maryland Partner, Will Launch New Gallery, Research Projects
- Lars Nittve Steps Down as Executive Director of M+
- Catherine Taft Joins LAXART as Deputy Director