Head over to The Wall Street Journal today for a fun interview with Thomas Demand, in which he discusses Matisse and reveals that he’ll soon open a new studio in Berlin that he will share with Tacita Dean and Thomas Scheibitz.The throwaway quote at the end is not so surprising, given the artist’s work, but enjoyable off-topic all the same:“On a long-distance flight, I recently watched “The Lego Movie.” It was the only film screened that I had not seen yet. It was very innovative. I first thought it was merchandising financed and commissioned by Lego. But no, it was not.”If you say so, Thomas Demand! Read more at The Wall Street Journal.
- Gallery Diet Is Moving Out Of Miami's Wynwood District
- Glenn Ligon Names His Ten Favorite Books, Includes 'Citizen' Among Them
- Morning Links: @dirty_corner Edition
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'
- Here Are The Renderings For Frank Gehry's Proposed $300 M. L.A. Project