Head over to The Wall Street Journal today for a fun interview with Thomas Demand, in which he discusses Matisse and reveals that he’ll soon open a new studio in Berlin that he will share with Tacita Dean and Thomas Scheibitz.The throwaway quote at the end is not so surprising, given the artist’s work, but enjoyable off-topic all the same:“On a long-distance flight, I recently watched “The Lego Movie.” It was the only film screened that I had not seen yet. It was very innovative. I first thought it was merchandising financed and commissioned by Lego. But no, it was not.”If you say so, Thomas Demand! Read more at The Wall Street Journal.
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close