Head over to The Wall Street Journal today for a fun interview with Thomas Demand, in which he discusses Matisse and reveals that he’ll soon open a new studio in Berlin that he will share with Tacita Dean and Thomas Scheibitz.The throwaway quote at the end is not so surprising, given the artist’s work, but enjoyable off-topic all the same:“On a long-distance flight, I recently watched “The Lego Movie.” It was the only film screened that I had not seen yet. It was very innovative. I first thought it was merchandising financed and commissioned by Lego. But no, it was not.”If you say so, Thomas Demand! Read more at The Wall Street Journal.
- Sole Copy of Wu-Tang Clan's New Album Sets Auction Record, Selling for 'Undisclosed Figure in the Millions'
- Xavier Cha Wants 'Actors Able to Express Conflicting Emotions' for Upcoming MoCA Cleveland Performances
- Inaugural Winners of Pierre Daix Art Book Prize Announced
- Morning Links: 3-D Printed Mona Lisa Edition
- Artadia Announces 2015 Houston Grantees