Head over to The Wall Street Journal today for a fun interview with Thomas Demand, in which he discusses Matisse and reveals that he’ll soon open a new studio in Berlin that he will share with Tacita Dean and Thomas Scheibitz.The throwaway quote at the end is not so surprising, given the artist’s work, but enjoyable off-topic all the same:“On a long-distance flight, I recently watched “The Lego Movie.” It was the only film screened that I had not seen yet. It was very innovative. I first thought it was merchandising financed and commissioned by Lego. But no, it was not.”If you say so, Thomas Demand! Read more at The Wall Street Journal.
- Art + Feminism Announces Third Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Massimo De Carlo Will Open a Fourth Location, in Milan
- 'It’s About the Possibility of Carrying On': Claudette Schreuders on Her Show at Jack Shainman
- Morning Links: Fashionable Cindy Sherman Edition
- Art Institute of Chicago Is Renting a Replica of Vincent van Gogh's Bedroom for $10 Per Night on Airbnb