Curbed NY reports that former Sotheby’s auctioneer Tobias Meyer and his husband, the art adviser Mark Fletcher, have sold their apartment in Columbus Circle for $16.2 million.The sum falls just short of their $16.9 million asking price, which is easy to understand if you click through to see photos of it on the Curbed.Art Market Monitor, which pointed us to this story, says the news coincides with “rumors that Tobias Meyer has moved to California and been seen bidding in Old Master sales.” Many have speculated about what Meyer might do after his departure from Sotheby’s late last year; perhaps it’ll be something out there.Read more at Curbed NY.
- Artists in Guggenheim Show Release Statement Criticizing Termination of Gulf Labor Talks
- MoMA Offers Voluntary Buyouts to Employees Ahead of Upcoming Renovation
- With Its New Building, SFMOMA Cements a Place on the World Stage
- Duke Riley on his Airborne Project for Creative Time, Starring Thousands of His Beloved Pigeons
- Wim Delvoye to Open a Gallery in Kashan, Iran