Curbed NY reports that former Sotheby’s auctioneer Tobias Meyer and his husband, the art adviser Mark Fletcher, have sold their apartment in Columbus Circle for $16.2 million.The sum falls just short of their $16.9 million asking price, which is easy to understand if you click through to see photos of it on the Curbed.Art Market Monitor, which pointed us to this story, says the news coincides with “rumors that Tobias Meyer has moved to California and been seen bidding in Old Master sales.” Many have speculated about what Meyer might do after his departure from Sotheby’s late last year; perhaps it’ll be something out there.Read more at Curbed NY.
- ‘Salt Is Ever More Important’: Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev on Her Plans for ‘The Most Dispersed Istanbul Biennial in History’
- Morning Links: Salvation Mountain Edition
- Walker Art Center Renames Film/Video Department, Announces New Initiatives
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts Curator David E. Little Will Head Amherst’s Mead Art Museum
- ‘Don't Blame Me for Courtney Love’: Lydia Lunch On No Wave, Brian Eno, Rent Strikes, and Legacy