Curbed NY reports that former Sotheby’s auctioneer Tobias Meyer and his husband, the art adviser Mark Fletcher, have sold their apartment in Columbus Circle for $16.2 million.The sum falls just short of their $16.9 million asking price, which is easy to understand if you click through to see photos of it on the Curbed.Art Market Monitor, which pointed us to this story, says the news coincides with “rumors that Tobias Meyer has moved to California and been seen bidding in Old Master sales.” Many have speculated about what Meyer might do after his departure from Sotheby’s late last year; perhaps it’ll be something out there.Read more at Curbed NY.
- ARTnews and Art in America Merge to Form World's Largest Art-Media Company
- Two Banksy Murals Head to Auction with Combined Estimate of $1 M.
- Cecily Brown Identifies A 'Less Celebrated' Copycat
- Convicted Art Criminal Claims He Was Sold Fake de Kooning Paintings, Picasso Etchings
- High Museum of Art Appoints Randall Suffolk Nancy and Holcombe T. Green Jr. Director