Curbed NY reports that former Sotheby’s auctioneer Tobias Meyer and his husband, the art adviser Mark Fletcher, have sold their apartment in Columbus Circle for $16.2 million.The sum falls just short of their $16.9 million asking price, which is easy to understand if you click through to see photos of it on the Curbed.Art Market Monitor, which pointed us to this story, says the news coincides with “rumors that Tobias Meyer has moved to California and been seen bidding in Old Master sales.” Many have speculated about what Meyer might do after his departure from Sotheby’s late last year; perhaps it’ll be something out there.Read more at Curbed NY.
- The Cover of Rihanna's New Album Is a Painting by Roy Nachum
- Adrian Turner, Serra Pradhan, and Ricky Manne Are Now Partners at Marianne Boesky
- Performa 15 Picks Australia as Focus Country
- Independent Brussels Announces Dates, Exhibitors for First Edition
- Bonhams Sale of Middle Eastern Modern and Contemporary Art Breaks Records, With Manoucher Yektai as Top Lot