Curbed NY reports that former Sotheby’s auctioneer Tobias Meyer and his husband, the art adviser Mark Fletcher, have sold their apartment in Columbus Circle for $16.2 million.The sum falls just short of their $16.9 million asking price, which is easy to understand if you click through to see photos of it on the Curbed.Art Market Monitor, which pointed us to this story, says the news coincides with “rumors that Tobias Meyer has moved to California and been seen bidding in Old Master sales.” Many have speculated about what Meyer might do after his departure from Sotheby’s late last year; perhaps it’ll be something out there.Read more at Curbed NY.
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close
- SculptureCenter Announces New Summer Concert Series
- James Richards Will Represent Wales at the 2017 Venice Biennale
- Here Is the Line-Up for the Eighth Season of 'Art In the Twenty-First Century,' With New Host Claire Danes
- High Above Mexico City, a 'One-Wall Gallery Without Doors' Gets to Work