The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- A Closer Look at the New Directors of Italy's Top 20 Museums
- Gallery Diet Is Moving Out Of Miami's Wynwood District
- Glenn Ligon Names His Ten Favorite Books, Includes 'Citizen' Among Them
- Morning Links: @dirty_corner Edition
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'