The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- New York’s Clifton Benevento Gallery Closes
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques