The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- ‘Salt Is Ever More Important’: Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev on Her Plans for ‘The Most Dispersed Istanbul Biennial in History’
- Morning Links: Salvation Mountain Edition
- Walker Art Center Renames Film/Video Department, Announces New Initiatives
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts Curator David E. Little Will Head Amherst’s Mead Art Museum
- ‘Don't Blame Me for Courtney Love’: Lydia Lunch On No Wave, Brian Eno, Rent Strikes, and Legacy