The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- Whitney Museum Board Elects New President, Co-Chairs
- William Pope.L Flag Makes an Appearance at Kendrick Lamar's BET Awards Performance
- Morning Links: Art Portal Edition
- ‘Big Pieces of the Sky and Ocean’: De Wain Valentine on His First New York Solo Show in 30 Years
- Morning Links: Escaped Convicts Edition