The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- Holy Art Fair Batman! Alex Da Corte's Joker-Inspired Balloon Towers Over Frieze's North Entrance
- Here's the Artist List for the Bienal de 2016 São Paulo
- Biennale de Montreal Announces Preliminary Artist List and Projects
- A Fight at the Museum: Ryan McNamara Brings Battling Dance Troupes to the Guggenheim
- It's Alive! The Ramones Prove Too Tough to Die at the Queens Museum