The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- Judge Abruptly Calls Recess Right Before Ann Freedman's Testimony In Knoedler Trial
- Here Are the Artist and Exhibitor Lists for the 1:54 Contemporary African Art Fair in New York
- Yale Taps Marta Kuzma to Be Dean of Art School, Taking the Place of Robert Storr
- Morning Links: Art Brussels Edtion
- Lisson Gallery Reveals May Opening Date, Programming for First New York Space