The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco have announced the appointment of Esther Bell to curator in charge of European paintings. She succeeds Lynn Orr.Bell specializes in 17th- and 18th-century European painting and is currently curator of European painting, drawing, and sculpture at the Cincinnati Art Museum. A former Fulbright scholar, she received a doctorate degree from the Institute of Fine Arts in New York. Bell brings more than a decade of experience to the Fine Arts Museums and has held positions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Morgan Library & Museum, among other institutions.She is scheduled to begin her new role in September.
- New Yorker Piece Details The 'Love Triangle' Between Barry McGee, Clare Rojas, and Margaret Kilgallen
- Times Gives Danny Meyer's Untitled Restaurant at the Whitney Museum Two Stars
- Tang Teaching Museum Receives Gift of 40 Contemporary Works On Paper
- Kim Gordon Acts In And Provides Soundtrack To Forthcoming German 'Techno Horror Film'
- Tate Britain Senior Curator to Join Serpentine Galleries