Juliana Engberg, whose show, which closed in June, was marked by the withdrawal of a number of artists who were protesting the show’s funding from Transfield, a company that operates offshore immigration detention centers.Rosenthal has been chief curator at the Hayward since 2007, and has organized one-person shows of work by Robin Rhode, Pipilotti Rist, and Ana Mendieta. She also organized the delectable-looking 2010 group show “MOVE: Choreographing You,” which was about contemporary art and dance, and which you can have a look at over at the Hayward’s website.
- Artadia Taps Franklin Sirmans, Nice Cave, More for Its Board
- Shigeko Kubota, a Fluxus Artist and a Pioneer of Video Art, Dies at 77
- New Museum Names Dennis Szakacs Associate Director, Alludes to Future Expansion
- Microsoft Cofounder Paul Allen Taps Minneapolis-Based Curator To Head New Arts Center in Seattle
- The Met Drew 6.3 Million Visitors Over the Last Year, a Record