The Miami Herald reports that the dispute between the city of North Miami and its Museum of Contemporary Art has finally come to a head.Museum staffers, among them interim director and chief curator Alex Gartenfeld, have moved out of the MOCA’s city-owned building and reportedly plan to establish a new arts institution in Miami’s Design District, called the Institute of Contemporary Art.It is not certain what will happen to the museum’s collection, which has been at the fore of the dispute.Read more at The Miami Herald.
- Morning Links: Texte zur Kunst Edition
- First Lady: Channeling Jackie Kennedy, Karen Finley Inaugurates Broad Museum's Performance Program
- Feuer and Mesler Double Down on Grand Street, Closing Orchard Street Gallery
- Heimo Zobernig Awarded the 2016 Roswitha Haftmann Prize
- New Complaint Filed Against Nahmads Over Modigliani Portrait