The Miami Herald reports that the dispute between the city of North Miami and its Museum of Contemporary Art has finally come to a head.Museum staffers, among them interim director and chief curator Alex Gartenfeld, have moved out of the MOCA’s city-owned building and reportedly plan to establish a new arts institution in Miami’s Design District, called the Institute of Contemporary Art.It is not certain what will happen to the museum’s collection, which has been at the fore of the dispute.Read more at The Miami Herald.
- Rema Hort Mann Foundation Names 2016 Los Angeles Artist Grantees
- 'I Think That Discomfort Is a Really Positive Place for Us All to Be In': Keith J. Varadi on His New Show, Facebook, and Gambling
- Here Is the New Eckhaus Latta Video for the Hammer Museum 'Made in L.A.' Biennial
- Mexico City's Lulu Expands
- Issue Project Room's 2016 Artists-In-Residence Will Be Keith Connolly and Cecilia Corrigan