The Miami Herald reports that the dispute between the city of North Miami and its Museum of Contemporary Art has finally come to a head.Museum staffers, among them interim director and chief curator Alex Gartenfeld, have moved out of the MOCA’s city-owned building and reportedly plan to establish a new arts institution in Miami’s Design District, called the Institute of Contemporary Art.It is not certain what will happen to the museum’s collection, which has been at the fore of the dispute.Read more at The Miami Herald.
- With Its New Building, SFMOMA Cements a Place on the World Stage
- Duke Riley on his Airborne Project for Creative Time, Starring Thousands of His Beloved Pigeons
- Wim Delvoye to Open a Gallery in Kashan, Iran
- Unlimited Section at Art Basel in Basel to Include El Anatsui, Stan Douglas
- 303 Gallery Reveals Details of its New Space on W. 21st Street