Deborah Solomon on the Delaware Art Museum’s deaccessioning efforts. [The New York Times]Sotheby’s released its results for the first half of 2014, reporting a 24 percent increase in auction sales. [CNN Money]“Artist Ryan McGinness’s edgy but still official-looking red-and-black signs have garnered much interest from passersby, but the most widespread reaction has been theft.” [The Wall Street Journal]Chinese art dealer Robert H. Ellsworth has died at 85 [The New York Times]The Perez Art Museum Miami has received a $1 million grant in support of its programs for children. [Miami Today via Artforum]Here’s a profile of collector Jens Faurschou. [The Wall Street Journal]“Artist and UC Davis professor Conrad Atkinson claims that art world darlings Gilbert and George have ripped off a series of works of his from the late 1980s and early 1990s in a 2007 work.” [Artnet News]“Cuba is in talks with the Bronx Museum to organise the first major exhibition by a US museum in the country.” [The Art Newspaper]How the Met and the Brooklyn Museum approach social media and the Internet. [The New York Times]Louise Lawler at Metro Pictures. [Contemporary Art Daily]Martha Schwendener walks the High Line. [NYT]In case you missed it: Dana Goodyear’s great profile of Shigeru Ban, who designed the new Aspen Art Museum. [The New Yorker]Update, Aug. 10: An earlier version of this post misstated the percentage of Sotheby’s profits.
- Here Is the Trailer for the Upcoming Vinyl Release by New York Artist Band Haribo
- Gentrifying Fishtanks, Indian Television, and 'Dead' Rappers: Ashok 'Dapwell' Kondabolu Presents 'Yo Fight My Mans' At Babycastles
- Hauser Wirth & Schimmel In L.A. Will Have Onsite Bookstore
- Morning Links: 'The Life of Pablo' Edition
- Art + Feminism Announces Third Wikipedia Edit-a-thon