Our partners in questionable punctuation, DNAinfo, have an interview today with Gene Kaufman, the architect on a new proposed artist studio space in Bushwick, Brooklyn, that proposes 50 to 60 new studios for the neighborhood.The property was acquired by IBK Construction in February 2013 and with zoning approval Kaufman said the new 50,000-square-foot space at 100 Bogart Street will aim to fit with the “intangible ‘vibe’ and essence of the community.”Its design was also reportedly inspired by David Zwirner’s newest Annabelle Selldorf-designed space in Chelsea. Read more at DNAinfo.
- ‘Sorry You Guys Are Just Catching Up Now’: Jack Pierson on His Fast-Changing Career, and His New Show in New York
- Odwalla88 Releases New Video Directed by Marisa Takal and Cali Thornhill Dewitt
- You Can't Unread This Anecdote About Damien Hirst's Foreskin
- Morning Links: Condom Portrait Edition
- Whitney Museum Board Elects New President, Co-Chairs