Our partners in questionable punctuation, DNAinfo, have an interview today with Gene Kaufman, the architect on a new proposed artist studio space in Bushwick, Brooklyn, that proposes 50 to 60 new studios for the neighborhood.The property was acquired by IBK Construction in February 2013 and with zoning approval Kaufman said the new 50,000-square-foot space at 100 Bogart Street will aim to fit with the “intangible ‘vibe’ and essence of the community.”Its design was also reportedly inspired by David Zwirner’s newest Annabelle Selldorf-designed space in Chelsea. Read more at DNAinfo.
- 'Being Here Is an Unusual Experience': Finding Some Quiet Time With Fred Wilson at Frieze New York
- Herb Alpert Foundation Names 2016 Award Winners, Including Simone Leigh
- 2016 Berlin Biennale Announces Artist List
- Mimes Gone Wild! Anthea Hamliton Stages Silent Performance at Frieze
- Maurizio Cattelan's Live Donkey at Frieze New York Enrages Animal Activists as Fairgoers Line Up to See It