Our partners in questionable punctuation, DNAinfo, have an interview today with Gene Kaufman, the architect on a new proposed artist studio space in Bushwick, Brooklyn, that proposes 50 to 60 new studios for the neighborhood.The property was acquired by IBK Construction in February 2013 and with zoning approval Kaufman said the new 50,000-square-foot space at 100 Bogart Street will aim to fit with the “intangible ‘vibe’ and essence of the community.”Its design was also reportedly inspired by David Zwirner’s newest Annabelle Selldorf-designed space in Chelsea. Read more at DNAinfo.
- First Lady: Channeling Jackie Kennedy, Karen Finley Inaugurates Broad Museum's Performance Program
- Feuer and Mesler Double Down on Grand Street, Closing Orchard Street Gallery
- Heimo Zobernig Awarded the 2016 Roswitha Haftmann Prize
- New Complaint Filed Against Nahmads Over Modigliani Portrait
- Here's the Exhibitor List for Mexico City's 2016 Material Art Fair, Which Has Grown by 50 Percent for Its Third Edition