Our partners in questionable punctuation, DNAinfo, have an interview today with Gene Kaufman, the architect on a new proposed artist studio space in Bushwick, Brooklyn, that proposes 50 to 60 new studios for the neighborhood.The property was acquired by IBK Construction in February 2013 and with zoning approval Kaufman said the new 50,000-square-foot space at 100 Bogart Street will aim to fit with the “intangible ‘vibe’ and essence of the community.”Its design was also reportedly inspired by David Zwirner’s newest Annabelle Selldorf-designed space in Chelsea. Read more at DNAinfo.
- Rema Hort Mann Foundation Names 2016 Los Angeles Artist Grantees
- 'I Think That Discomfort Is a Really Positive Place for Us All to Be In': Keith J. Varadi on His New Show, Facebook, and Gambling
- Here Is the New Eckhaus Latta Video for the Hammer Museum 'Made in L.A.' Biennial
- Mexico City's Lulu Expands
- Issue Project Room's 2016 Artists-In-Residence Will Be Keith Connolly and Cecilia Corrigan