Our partners in questionable punctuation, DNAinfo, have an interview today with Gene Kaufman, the architect on a new proposed artist studio space in Bushwick, Brooklyn, that proposes 50 to 60 new studios for the neighborhood.The property was acquired by IBK Construction in February 2013 and with zoning approval Kaufman said the new 50,000-square-foot space at 100 Bogart Street will aim to fit with the “intangible ‘vibe’ and essence of the community.”Its design was also reportedly inspired by David Zwirner’s newest Annabelle Selldorf-designed space in Chelsea. Read more at DNAinfo.
- Morning Links: Oreo Art Edition
- ‘We Didn't Call It Soho, It Was Just ‘Downtown’ ’: Bill Beckley Gives a Tour of His Apartment of 43 Years
- Chelsea Gallery Mixed Greens to Close in December
- Cate Blanchett to Be Honored at MoMA's Eighth Annual Film Benefit
- Derek Eller Gallery Is Opening A Pop-Up Space in L.A.