New York’s Frick Collection announced today that two new members have been elected to its board of trustees, James S. Reibel, M.D., and Melinda Martin Sullivan.“Jay Reibel and Melinda Sullivan bring to the Frick diverse and committed backgrounds in philanthropic leadership,” the Frick’s director, Ian Wardropper, said in a statement. As we have gotten to know them over the past decade, we have seen their level of engagement with the Frick deepen, and we look forward to working more closely with them as Board members.”Board members, we’re going to guess, get to use the Frick’s storied bowling alley, which is located in its basement and closed to the public, so it might be wise to wish the new trustees a sincere congratulations the next time you see. Maybe even send a little card.
- Shigeko Kubota, a Fluxus Artist and a Pioneer of Video Art, Dies at 77
- New Museum Names Dennis Szakacs Associate Director, Alludes to Future Expansion
- Microsoft Cofounder Paul Allen Taps Minneapolis-Based Curator To Head New Arts Center in Seattle
- The Met Drew 6.3 Million Visitors Over the Last Year, a Record
- From Brushstroke to Keystroke and Back Again: Six Artists Talk Contemporary Painting at the New Museum