The New York Post reports that financier Leon Black—owner of Phaidon books and reportedly the record-price-achieving version of Edvard Munch’s The Scream—has purchased the townhouse at 19 East 70th Street that was formerly the home of Knoedler & Company gallery.That gallery closed in 2011 after 165 years, following accusations that a number of forgeries had passed through it in recent years. Black recently purchased the art start-up Artspace for an undisclosed sum and reportedly bought the Knoedler space for around $50 million.Read more at the New York Post.
- Morning Links: #hierteekenen Edition
- Sole Copy of Wu-Tang Clan's New Album Sets Auction Record, Selling for 'Undisclosed Figure in the Millions'
- Xavier Cha Wants 'Actors Able to Express Conflicting Emotions' for Upcoming MoCA Cleveland Performances
- Inaugural Winners of Pierre Daix Art Book Prize Announced
- Morning Links: 3-D Printed Mona Lisa Edition