That gallery closed in 2011 after 165 years, following accusations that a number of forgeries had passed through it in recent years. Black recently purchased the art start-up Artspace for an undisclosed sum and reportedly bought the Knoedler space for around $50 million.
- Art Basel Now Owns Art Basel Hong Kong Outright
- Ben Stiller, Shepard Fairey Celebrate Americans for the Arts at Cipriani
- Olafur Eliasson to Show 112 Tons of Ice for 'Ice Watch'
- Margulies Collection Acquires Centerpiece of Royal Academy's Anselm Kiefer Show
- Prospect 3 Opens in New Orleans: A Q&A With Its Artistic Director, Franklin Sirmans