The New York Post reports that financier Leon Black—owner of Phaidon books and reportedly the record-price-achieving version of Edvard Munch’s The Scream—has purchased the townhouse at 19 East 70th Street that was formerly the home of Knoedler & Company gallery.That gallery closed in 2011 after 165 years, following accusations that a number of forgeries had passed through it in recent years. Black recently purchased the art start-up Artspace for an undisclosed sum and reportedly bought the Knoedler space for around $50 million.Read more at the New York Post.
- ‘Sorry You Guys Are Just Catching Up Now’: Jack Pierson on His Fast-Changing Career, and His New Show in New York
- Odwalla88 Releases New Video Directed by Marisa Takal and Cali Thornhill Dewitt
- You Can't Unread This Anecdote About Damien Hirst's Foreskin
- Morning Links: Condom Portrait Edition
- Whitney Museum Board Elects New President, Co-Chairs