The New York Post reports that financier Leon Black—owner of Phaidon books and reportedly the record-price-achieving version of Edvard Munch’s The Scream—has purchased the townhouse at 19 East 70th Street that was formerly the home of Knoedler & Company gallery.That gallery closed in 2011 after 165 years, following accusations that a number of forgeries had passed through it in recent years. Black recently purchased the art start-up Artspace for an undisclosed sum and reportedly bought the Knoedler space for around $50 million.Read more at the New York Post.
- A Closer Look at the New Directors of Italy's Top 20 Museums
- Gallery Diet Is Moving Out Of Miami's Wynwood District
- Glenn Ligon Names His Ten Favorite Books, Includes 'Citizen' Among Them
- Morning Links: @dirty_corner Edition
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'