After 12 years with Art Basel in a variety of high-profile positions, Annette Schönholzer, who is currently director of new initiatives, will leave at the end of the month, the fair giant announced today. She will continue to collaborate with Basel on a few projects.“For the past decade, Annette has made amazing contributions to Art Basel,” Marc Spiegler, Art Basel’s director, said in a statement released to press, “so we are sorry to see her go, and wish her the very best for her future activities in the cultural realm.”Schönholzer was the show manager for the 2002 Miami Basel and then served as co-director of the Miami and Basel editions of the fair with Spiegler. She became director of new initiatives in 2012 when the fair reorganized its leadership, with Spiegler becoming director of the fairs, which now number three, in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong.
- Walker Art Center Renames Film/Video Department, Announces New Initiatives
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts Curator David E. Little Will Head Amherst’s Mead Art Museum
- ‘Don't Blame Me for Courtney Love’: Lydia Lunch On No Wave, Brian Eno, Rent Strikes, and Legacy
- Morning Links: The Other Room Edition
- Artadia Awards Grants to All 10 New York Finalists