After 12 years with Art Basel in a variety of high-profile positions, Annette Schönholzer, who is currently director of new initiatives, will leave at the end of the month, the fair giant announced today. She will continue to collaborate with Basel on a few projects.“For the past decade, Annette has made amazing contributions to Art Basel,” Marc Spiegler, Art Basel’s director, said in a statement released to press, “so we are sorry to see her go, and wish her the very best for her future activities in the cultural realm.”Schönholzer was the show manager for the 2002 Miami Basel and then served as co-director of the Miami and Basel editions of the fair with Spiegler. She became director of new initiatives in 2012 when the fair reorganized its leadership, with Spiegler becoming director of the fairs, which now number three, in Basel, Miami Beach, and Hong Kong.
- Herb Alpert Foundation Names 2016 Award Winners, Including Simone Leigh
- A Tour of Frieze New York 2016
- 2016 Berlin Biennale Announces Artist List
- Mimes Gone Wild! Anthea Hamliton Stages Silent Performance at Frieze
- Maurizio Cattelan's Live Donkey at Frieze New York Enrages Animal Activists as Fairgoers Line Up to See It