The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- A Friendly Reminder About Gallery Hours During the Holidays
- Joan Mitchell Foundation Announces 2014 Painters & Sculptors Grant Recipients
- Nina Waisman Named SETI Institute Artist in Residence
- Wadsworth Atheneum Director Susan L. Talbott Will Retire Next Year
- John Waters Will Show a 74-Minute Sequel to 'Pink Flamingos' at Marianne Boesky in 2015