The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Artadia Names Six Finalists for 2019 Los Angeles Awards
- 'Everything Feels More Intimate': Felix LA Brings New Life to Art-Fair Circuit
- Mariane Ibrahim, Ascendant Dealer of African Art, Moves Gallery to Chicago
- Collector George Economou Gifts Peter Doig Painting to Met Museum
- M. Wells Dinette, Popular Eatery at MoMA PS1, to Close