The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- MoMA Plans Louise Lawler Retrospective for 2017
- Gal Weistein to Represent Israel, Egill Sæbjörnsson to Represent Iceland at 2017 Venice Biennale
- Life Is a Highway: Greg Drasler on his new show at Betty Cuningham Gallery
- L.A. MOCA Elects Hard Rock Café Founder Peter Morton as Trustee
- 'We Are Not 30 Under 30, Nothing to Say Here, Move Along': An Interview With Body by Body About Their Current Los Angeles Show