The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- The Archives of American Art Launches Feature-Filled Online Research Guide to Chicago
- Gladstone Gallery Now Represents the Estate of Robert Mapplethorpe
- Miami's Locust Projects Names Lorie Mertes Director
- Hauser & Wirth Now Represents Geta Bratescu
- Independent Curators International’s 2017 Leo Award Will Go to Patricia Phelps de Cisneros