The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close
- SculptureCenter Announces New Summer Concert Series
- James Richards Will Represent Wales at the 2017 Venice Biennale
- Here Is the Line-Up for the Eighth Season of 'Art In the Twenty-First Century,' With New Host Claire Danes
- High Above Mexico City, a 'One-Wall Gallery Without Doors' Gets to Work