The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Connie H. Choi Joins the Studio Museum as Associate Curator
- From the Smell of Sewage to the Smell of Cash: Mike Bouchet Brings an Olfactory Sculpture to Marlborough Chelsea
- Essex Street Gallery Relocates to Hester Street, Opening New Space With an Anti-Inauguration Show
- Marianne Boesky to Open Gallery in Aspen
- Expo Chicago 2017 Announces Curators for Special Projects Sections