The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Kai Althoff: 'There Is No Reason Really Why My Things Are Exhibited in a Museum and Others’ Are Not'
- Jeff Wall Goes to Gagosian
- Sotheby's to Auction the Steven and Ann Ames Collection—Guaranteed Above $100 M.—During the November Sales
- Tom Hanks to Be Honored at MoMA Film Benefit
- Hidden Treasures in Greenwich Village: A Visit to the Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation