The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Courtenay Finn Named Chief Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland
- All Booked Up: Printed Matter's NY Art Book Fair Teems with Zines, Scenes, and Sanctuary
- Under Proposed Deal, Met Breuer Would Be Taken Over by Frick Collection in 2020
- Here's the Exhibitor List for NADA Miami 2018
- Designer John Christakos Named President of Walker Art Center's Board of Trustees