The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Nato Thompson Leaves New York's Creative Time for Upstart Arts Organization in Philadelphia
- Group Fighting Berkshire Museum Art Sale Plans Protest, Fundraiser
- A New Foundation: The Institute of Contemporary Art Opens Its Doors to Los Angeles
- Norman Rockwell’s Sons Sue Berkshire Museum, Seeking Halt to Sotheby’s Sale
- 200 Aboriginal Artworks Donated to U.S. Institutions by Dennis and Debra Scholl