The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Art Institute of Chicago Is Renting a Replica of Vincent van Gogh's Bedroom for $10 Per Night on Airbnb
- It's Over: Knoedler Settles With the De Soles, Concluding Three-Week Case Over $8.3 M. Fake Rothko
- Morning Links: Wu-Tang Clan Fan Edition
- Judge Abruptly Calls Recess Right Before Ann Freedman's Testimony In Knoedler Trial
- Here Are the Artist and Exhibitor Lists for the 1:54 Contemporary African Art Fair in New York