The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Derrick Adams Wins Studio Museum’s 2016 Joyce Alexander Wein Artist Prize
- The Armory Show's VIP Lounge Will Offer 'Bespoke Culinary Offerings' and 'Sun-Drenched Views' in 2017
- Aimee Marcereau DeGalan Named Senior Curator at Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- Artadia Announces Five Finalists for 2016 Atlanta Awards
- Here's the Exhibitor List for Art Basel Hong Kong 2017