The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Michael E. Smith Is Now Represented by Andrew Kreps Gallery
- Worcester Art Museum Receives $4 M. to Endow Director Position
- Union Votes To Suspend London's National Gallery Strike
- Unbreakable: Lena Henke, Ben Schumacher, and More Make Locks for Paris Show
- 'It Is a Revolutionary Idea That Beauty Should Be Available to All': Sam Durant on 'Labyrinth,' His New Public Artwork in Philadelphia About Mass Incarceration