The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- The Rest Is Silence: Marina Abramovic on Her New Show at Sean Kelly
- Morning Links: Jean-Michel Othoniel Edition
- Art21 Founder and Executive Director Susan Sollins Has Died
- Open All Night But Closed For Now: The Last Few Hours of the Whitney's Breuer Building
- Paul Kasmin's Robert Motherwell Show Highlights the Artist's Influence on a Younger Generation