The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Members of White House Committee on the Arts and Humanities Resign in Protest Following President's Comments on Charlottesville
- Blanton Museum in Austin Receives Gift of Seven Works by Leon Polk Smith
- MoMA Will Remain Open Until 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays Through Year End [Updated]
- Indianapolis Museum of Art Rechristens Campus as 'Newfields, a Place for Nature and the Arts'
- Creative Time Raises Flag by Nari Ward