The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- French Artists, Arts Professionals Pan Jeff Koons's Proposed Paris Memorial to Victims of Terrorist Attacks
- NADA New York to Launch Acquisition Fund for Bronx Museum of the Arts
- Expo Chicago Announces 2018 Special Project Curators
- Alex Needham Named Arts Editor of the Guardian in London
- Morning Links: Government Shutdown Edition