The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Parrish Art Museum Appoints Corinne Erni as Curator of Special Projects
- Artadia Announces Finalists for Its 2016 San Francisco Awards
- Pavel Zoubok and George Adams Galleries to Partner in New Chelsea Space
- Steve McQueen Named Winner of 2016 British Film Institute Fellowship
- Peter Doig Is Victorious: Judge Rules Artist Did Not Paint Disputed Painting