The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Nan Goldin's P.A.I.N. Group Stages Pill-Purging Protest at Sackler Gallery in Washington, D.C.
- Signs and Symbols, New Gallery Focused on Performance, Photography, and Architecture, Will Open on New York's Lower East Side
- Nathalie Djurberg and Hans Berg Now Repped by Tanya Bonakdar
- Paris's Galerie Samy Abraham to Close
- Sharjah Biennial Releases Initial List of Artists in 2019 Edition