The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Summer Wheat Wins 2016 NADA Artadia Award
- A Few Delights at Frieze New York
- Amid the Frieze Week Frenzy, Off Vendome Shares Its Space With Five Galleries
- Mirror, Mirror: David Altmejd Reimagines Human Evolution at Frieze New York
- 'Being Here Is an Unusual Experience': Finding Some Quiet Time With Fred Wilson at Frieze New York