The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Here’s a Photo of Jeff Koons’s Newly Installed Permanent Sculpture in Sacramento, California
- MOCAD Adds Jonathan Horowitz Hillary Clinton Sculpture to Current Exhibition
- Badlands Unlimited Launches 'Files,' a Series of Downloadable Works
- Bass Museum Announces Ten-Year Acquisitions Initiative, Starting With Work by Ugo Rondinone and Sylvie Fleury
- The Center of Attraction: Expo Chicago Stretches From the Highways to the Pier