The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Nadine Johnson Flack Adam Abdalla Will Start His Own Firm
- Jamian Juliano-Villani Gets the Art21 Video Treatment
- The Rolling Stones and Saatchi Gallery Team Up For All-Time Biggest Touring Rock Exhibition, Entry Prices Begin At £15
- Morning Links: Sunburn Art Edition
- ‘Sorry You Guys Are Just Catching Up Now’: Jack Pierson on His Fast-Changing Career, and His New Show in New York