The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Denver Art Museum Receives $25 M. Donation Toward Renovating Its Gio Ponti–Designed Building
- Living Legends: Suzanne Lacy Teaches Andrea Bowers Performance Art, Inaugurating the New Main Museum in Los Angeles
- Judy and Leonard Lauder Give Portland Museum of Art $5 M., Largest Matching Donation in its History
- Puppets, Bagels, and Amphibian Ushers: At David Kirshoff's 'Postictal Paradise' at 321 Gallery in Brooklyn
- 'Freedom of Speech Is Absolutely Imperative': Faith Ringgold on Her Early Art, Activism at the Museum of Modern Art