The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Magazzino, a New Home for Postwar Italian Art in Upstate New York, Announces Inaugural Show
- Pace Gallery to Open a New Space in Seoul Next Week
- 2017 Armory Week Art Fair Cheat Sheet
- Sotheby's Posts $65.5 M. Profit for Fourth Quarter of 2016, Beating Expectations
- Boston Museum Directors Pen Letter Defending NEA and NEH