The J. Paul Getty Museum has announced the appointment of two new senior curators. Davide Gasparotto, an expert in Italian art from the Renaissance through the 18th century and formerly a curator at the National Gallery of Parma, has been named senior curator of paintings. Jeffrey Spier has been named a senior curator in antiquities. He has been a visiting scholar at the Getty and is a leading expert in the study of Greek, Roman and Byzantine art. Gasparotto will start his post in late 2014, according to the museum, and Spier will join the museum in September.
- Phillips Adds Two Senior Executives To Contemporary, Modern Art Staff
- Denver Art Museum Announces Major Show of Female Abstract Expressionists
- Christie's Folk Art Sale Includes Hamilton Bust, Late Henry Darger Painting
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Now Represents the Estate of Alina Szapocznikow
- Here's the 2015 Pulse Miami Beach Exhibitor List