The artist Christo recently took a raft ride down the Arkansas River, site of his much-delayed future project Over the River.“A famous artist wants to turn the Arkansas into a river of art!” says the anchor at the top of the segment, then he banters with the reporter about the project’s delays, which are actually part of the whole performative aspect of the thing.Anyway, here’s the video:Thanks to Artnet for pointing us to this.
- Chicago's DuSable Museum of African American History Names Perri Irmer President and CEO
- ‘A Museum Is Not Only A Place Unto Itself’: Franklin Sirmans on Becoming the Director of Miami's Pérez Art Museum
- Matt Saunders Wins the deCordova Sculpture Park's Rappaport Prize
- Morning Links: Menstrual Blood Edition
- John Baldessari, Meredith Monk Will Receive National Medals of Arts at the White House