Ballroom Marfa announced today that Susan Sutton will become its new executive director, replacing Ballroom co-founder Fairfax Dorn, who will transition into the role of artistic director. Sutton – who comes out of a 4-year stint at the Menil Collection in Houston – will work alongside the outgoing director in “Conceiving and implementing the creative and strategic vision for the Marfa-based non-profit,” according to a release from the organization.
- Denver Art Museum Receives $25 M. Donation Toward Renovating Its Gio Ponti–Designed Building
- Living Legends: Suzanne Lacy Teaches Andrea Bowers Performance Art, Inaugurating the New Main Museum in Los Angeles
- Judy and Leonard Lauder Give Portland Museum of Art $5 M., Largest Matching Donation in its History
- Puppets, Bagels, and Amphibian Ushers: At David Kirshoff's 'Postictal Paradise' at 321 Gallery in Brooklyn
- 'Freedom of Speech Is Absolutely Imperative': Faith Ringgold on Her Early Art, Activism at the Museum of Modern Art