Ballroom Marfa announced today that Susan Sutton will become its new executive director, replacing Ballroom co-founder Fairfax Dorn, who will transition into the role of artistic director. Sutton – who comes out of a 4-year stint at the Menil Collection in Houston – will work alongside the outgoing director in “Conceiving and implementing the creative and strategic vision for the Marfa-based non-profit,” according to a release from the organization.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Here’s the Artist List for the First Riga International Biennial of Contemporary Art
- ICA Philadelphia Receives W.A.G.E. Certification
- Ringling Museum Names Ola Wlusek Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Prior to Her Firing, Curator Helen Molesworth Made Public Statements Critical of Museum Practices, MOCA
- At the Kitchen, Moor Mother Haunts Ghosts from the Future