Ballroom Marfa announced today that Susan Sutton will become its new executive director, replacing Ballroom co-founder Fairfax Dorn, who will transition into the role of artistic director. Sutton – who comes out of a 4-year stint at the Menil Collection in Houston – will work alongside the outgoing director in “Conceiving and implementing the creative and strategic vision for the Marfa-based non-profit,” according to a release from the organization.
ARTnews on Facebook
- At Seven on Seven Conference, Artists and Technologists Unite to Ponder Politics, Sexting, Fake News, and More
- Adult Baby: John Waters Is Doing a Summer Camp for Grown-Ups
- Early Schiele Painting, Estimated at $30 M. to $40 M. by Sotheby's, Could Shatter Artist's Auction Record
- Rome Prize Names 2017–18 Winners, Including Sanford Biggers and Rochelle Feinstein
- LAXART Founder Lauri Firstenberg and Artist Anthony James to Open Art Production Hub in East Hollywood