Ballroom Marfa announced today that Susan Sutton will become its new executive director, replacing Ballroom co-founder Fairfax Dorn, who will transition into the role of artistic director. Sutton – who comes out of a 4-year stint at the Menil Collection in Houston – will work alongside the outgoing director in “Conceiving and implementing the creative and strategic vision for the Marfa-based non-profit,” according to a release from the organization.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Norman Rockwell’s Sons Sue Berkshire Museum, Seeking Halt to Sotheby’s Sale
- 200 Aboriginal Artworks Donated to U.S. Institutions by Dennis and Debra Scholl
- Estate of Jane Freilicher Is Now Represented by Paul Kasmin Gallery
- Morning Links: Tom Hanks Short Stories Edition
- Lara Favaretto Sculpture in Münster Raises $31,400 for People Facing Deportation