Ballroom Marfa announced today that Susan Sutton will become its new executive director, replacing Ballroom co-founder Fairfax Dorn, who will transition into the role of artistic director. Sutton – who comes out of a 4-year stint at the Menil Collection in Houston – will work alongside the outgoing director in “Conceiving and implementing the creative and strategic vision for the Marfa-based non-profit,” according to a release from the organization.
ARTnews on Facebook
- UCCA Center for Contemporary Art in Beijing Cancels Exhibition Amid Fraught Relations Between U.S. and China
- Sotheby's Withdraws Banksy Sculpture After Rival Artist Claims It Was Stolen from Him
- Hugo Boss Prize, One of the World's Top Art Awards, Names Shortlist for 2020
- Helen ‘Leni’ Stern, Sculptor and Patron Who Championed Washington Color School, Is Dead at 89
- 'The Crown' Spotlights Queen Elizabeth's Surveyor of Art—Who Was Also a Soviet Spy