The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
ARTnews on Facebook
- J. Paul Getty Medal Awarded to Anselm Kiefer and Mario Vargas Llosa
- Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation Announces 2017 Grant Recipients, Including Daniel Joseph Martinez
- Mike Kelley Foundation for the Arts Announces 2017 Artist Project Grants
- Expo Chicago Talks Series to Address 'Post-Truth' Era, Race and Representation, Other Issues
- Metropolitan Museum Names Stephanie D'Alessandro New Curator of Modern Art