The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
- 'We Sold It All to the Best People': Despite Attendance Drop at Miami Basel, Art by the Young and Closely Watched Is Selling Quickly
- So What’s Wrong at the Glasgow School of Art? Quite a Lot, According to Student Protesters
- Pictures Generation Artist Philip Smith Wins 2016 Miami Beach NADA Artadia Award
- NADA Miami Beach Sees 'Usual Rush' and Flurry of Sales, Despite Muted Turnout Yesterday at Art Basel
- ARTnews's Complete Art Basel Miami Beach 2016 Coverage