The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Bruce Silverstein Gallery Now Represents Daido Moriyama
- Aaron Fowler Wins Seattle Art Museum's Gwendolyn Knight and Jacob Lawrence Prize
- New Ki Smith Gallery to Open in Harlem
- Phillips Appoints Takako Nagasawa as Senior Vice President and International Specialist
- United States Artists Names 2019 Fellows, Including Firelei Báez, Wu Tsang, and Cecilia Vicuña