The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Sotheby's $79.9 M. Postwar and Contemporary Sale Led by Warhol, Basquiat, Warhol-Basquiat Collaboration
- Chelsea Manning, Artist, Will Show Collaborative Self-Portraits at New York Gallery
- Pace Gallery to Show 'Theaters of Memory' Paintings by Jean Dubuffet in London
- Erin Christovale Appointed Assistant Curator at Hammer Museum
- Avery Singer Wins $22,000 Prix Jean-François Prat