The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Members of White House Committee on the Arts and Humanities Resign in Protest Following President's Comments on Charlottesville
- Blanton Museum in Austin Receives Gift of Seven Works by Leon Polk Smith
- MoMA Will Remain Open Until 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays Through Year End [Updated]
- Indianapolis Museum of Art Rechristens Campus as 'Newfields, a Place for Nature and the Arts'
- Creative Time Raises Flag by Nari Ward