The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
- Marlborough Chelsea Rechristened Marlborough Contemporary, Will Program a Second Space in London
- Concrete Block to Levitate at Armory Show
- Dia Art Foundation Appoints Courtney J. Martin Deputy Director and Chief Curator
- Washington Art Consortium Disbands, Collection to Be Distributed to Its Member Museums
- Armory Show Food Purveyors Will Include Il Buco, By Chloe, Juice Press, Black Seed Bagels