The Cincinnati Art Museum has received a gift of $6 million to endow the institution’s director position, according to Cincinnati.com. The gift comes from the Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust, the eponymous foundation of the longtime arts patron who died in 2012. Cameron Kitchin, formerly the director of the Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, was named CAM’s new director earlier this year. He begins his post October 1st.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Kay Rosen Heads to Alexander Gray Associates in New York
- 'It Was Just a Gift From a Friend': An Old Basquiat Associate Sets Out to Authenticate a Drawing
- Andy Warhol and Robert Rauschenberg Foundations Team with Lin-Manuel Miranda for Hurricane Aid
- London's Hayward Gallery Appoints Vincent Honoré and Cliff Lauson Senior Curators
- Amid Accusations of Conflict of Interest, Stedelijk Museum Director Beatrix Ruf Resigns