The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- LA Art Book Fair Canceled for 2018, with Vow to Return
- Ralph Rugoff Will Be the Curator of 58th Venice Biennale in 2019
- Here's the Exhibitor List for the Outsider Art Fair's 2018 New York Edition
- The Sweet Spot: Chris Sharp, Andrew Berardini Prep Fruit-Themed 'Lulennial' in Mexico City
- Alison Cole Named Editor of the Art Newspaper