The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Andrea Büttner at Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Postmasters Gallery Expands to Rome, Names Kerry Doran Director
- SoHo Arts Network To Present Panel Discussion on '50s-'60s History and Downtown Culture Walk
- Baltimore Museum of Art Acquires Works by Mark Bradford, Paul Chan
- Centre Pompidou Names Florian Ebner Chief of Photography