The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
- Connie H. Choi Joins the Studio Museum as Associate Curator
- From the Smell of Sewage to the Smell of Cash: Mike Bouchet Brings an Olfactory Sculpture to Marlborough Chelsea
- Essex Street Gallery Relocates to Hester Street, Opening New Space With an Anti-Inauguration Show
- Marianne Boesky to Open Gallery in Aspen
- Expo Chicago 2017 Announces Curators for Special Projects Sections