The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Tulsa, Oklahoma to Receive $1 M. as Winner of Bloomberg Philanthropies 2018 Public Art Challenge
- Moving Offices to Hudson Yards, Jeff Koons Studio Makes Layoffs
- LX Gallery Opens on New York's Upper East Side
- Thomas Dane Gallery Taps New York Dealer Simon Preston to Be Consultant
- Creative Capital Names Winners of 2019 Awards