The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Dealer Jane Lombard Gives $5 M. to Vera List Center for Art and Politics
- Kimberli Meyer, Ousted CSU Long Beach Museum Director, Will Appeal Dismissal
- Robert Venturi, Cornerstone of Postmodern Architecture, Dies at 93
- 'It's an Experiment': Tobias Czudej, Former Owner of Chewday's in London, Launches Waldo Gallery in Maine
- Artist Geta Bratescu, Giant of Romanian Art Scene, Dies at 92