The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Julianne Moore to Be Honored at MoMA Film Benefit
- Here's the List of 19 Emerging Artists to Feature in New Studio Museum Show
- University of Arkansas to Establish New School of Art With $120 M. Gift From Walton Family Foundation
- MoMA PS1 Names Ruba Katrib Curator
- Museum of the City of New York Calls for Removal of East Harlem Statue of Doctor Who Experimented on Enslaved Women