The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Deborah Cullen Will Be Director of Bronx Museum of the Arts
- Seattle Art Fair Announces Programming for Its Fourth Edition
- Brook Andrew Picked as Artistic Director of the 2020 Biennale of Sydney
- Lauren Ross Named Executive Director of Laumeier Sculpture Park in St. Louis
- Knight Foundation Launches Miami-Focused Performing Arts Initiative