The Museum of Modern Art in New York will mount a Francis Picabia retrospective in November 2016. Rumors of a show featuring the Dadaist master have been circulating for a while, and the museum confirmed the news with The New York Times this afternoon. MoMA has 10 prints, nine paintings, and eight drawings by Picabia in its collection, according to The Times. At the Art Basel fair in Switzerland last June, the museum acquired the artist’s Tableau Rastadada (1920), which will be included in the show.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Peter Blum Gallery Announces Move Downtown From 57th Street, New Artists on Roster
- Expo Chicago Announces 2017 Exhibitor List
- John Riepenhoff Trucked His Homemade Beer From Milwuakee to the Whitney Gala
- Artists Space Finds New Two-Story Home in TriBeCa
- Jo-ey Tang to Head Up Columbus College of Art & Design's Beeler Gallery