Marek Bartelik has been reelected as president of the International Association of Art Critics announced, the UNESCO-recognized NGO announced today. Bartelik, who was born in Poland and is based in New York, took the office in 2011. His current term extends to 2017. AICA, as the organization styles itself, also announced that British writer Marjorie Allthorpe has been elected secretary-general. Thanks to Artforum for pointing us to the news.
- Helen Marten Wins the 2016 Turner Prize
- Champagne! Caviar! Gucci Mane! Post-Election Dread! A Final Art Basel Notebook Dump
- Here's Why the Season Finale of 'Westworld' Mentioned a Theory About Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel
- Sotheby's Acquires Anti-Forging Firm to Create New Scientific Research Department
- 'We Sold It All to the Best People': Despite Attendance Drop at Miami Basel, Art by the Young and Closely Watched Is Selling Quickly