Marek Bartelik has been reelected as president of the International Association of Art Critics announced, the UNESCO-recognized NGO announced today. Bartelik, who was born in Poland and is based in New York, took the office in 2011. His current term extends to 2017. AICA, as the organization styles itself, also announced that British writer Marjorie Allthorpe has been elected secretary-general. Thanks to Artforum for pointing us to the news.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Betrayal and Vengeance: Clark Filio Shows Fantasy-Inspired Paintings at Kimberly-Klark
- Artist List Revealed for First Front International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art
- Rising Up Down Under: Sydney Neighborhood Stakes Claim as Australia's Answer to Chelsea
- Tang Museum Receives $160,000 in Grants from Terra Foundation, Warhol Foundation
- First-Ever New York City Cultural Plan Calls for Funding Institutions in Underserved Communities, Accessibility, Environmental Improvements