Marek Bartelik has been reelected as president of the International Association of Art Critics announced, the UNESCO-recognized NGO announced today. Bartelik, who was born in Poland and is based in New York, took the office in 2011. His current term extends to 2017. AICA, as the organization styles itself, also announced that British writer Marjorie Allthorpe has been elected secretary-general. Thanks to Artforum for pointing us to the news.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Nan Goldin's P.A.I.N. Group Stages Pill-Purging Protest at Sackler Gallery in Washington, D.C.
- Signs and Symbols, New Gallery Focused on Performance, Photography, and Architecture, Will Open on New York's Lower East Side
- Nathalie Djurberg and Hans Berg Now Repped by Tanya Bonakdar
- Paris's Galerie Samy Abraham to Close
- Sharjah Biennial Releases Initial List of Artists in 2019 Edition