Marek Bartelik has been reelected as president of the International Association of Art Critics announced, the UNESCO-recognized NGO announced today. Bartelik, who was born in Poland and is based in New York, took the office in 2011. His current term extends to 2017. AICA, as the organization styles itself, also announced that British writer Marjorie Allthorpe has been elected secretary-general. Thanks to Artforum for pointing us to the news.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Jack Shainman Gallery to Host Show of Collaborative Works by Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat in June
- MoMA's Long-Awaited Donald Judd Retrospective Set for March 2020
- Open Society Foundation Names Winners of 2019 Soros Arts Fellowships
- With Estimate of $10 M. to $15 M., Lee Krasner Painting Could Break Artist Record at Sotheby's
- In Dispute Over Payment, Indian Court Issues Injunction Against Sale of Kochi-Muziris Biennale Equipment