It was announced today that American artist Lawrence Weiner has been awarded the Roswitha Haftmann prize, Europe’s best-endowed art prize, worth CHF150,000 ($156,076).Born in 1942, Weiner is known for his text-based works and was one of the central figures in the creation of conceptual art in the 1960s and ’70s.“The award by the jury of the Roswitha Haftmann Foundation recognizes that Lawrence Weiner’s distinctive practice has given rise to a whole new form of art and also a new audience,” the foundation said in a press release.
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- L.A. Habitat: Samara Golden
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques