Grand Century, the ambitious Lower East Side space run by artists Dora Budor, Alex Mackin Dolan, and Olivia Erlanger, is doing its first-ever art fair this week, showing in a pint-sized project booth at NADA Miami Beach, which opened today at the Deauville Beach Resort. “We’re like a baby,” Budor told me happily. They have entered the fair game in high style, converting their room on a very high floor of the hotel (since it’s not always manned, we’ll refrain from publishing the room number), which is hosting NADA, into a gallery. On view around the nicely renovated room right now are works by Renaud Jerez, Darja Bajagic, Rosa Aiello, Dolan, Erlanger, and Budor, whose piece features a prop from Terminator 3. The plan is to rotate works in and out of the room throughout the next few days. There’s Champagne up there too.
- Sotheby's Acquires Anti-Forging Firm to Create New Scientific Research Department
- 'We Sold It All to the Best People': Despite Attendance Drop at Miami Basel, Art by the Young and Closely Watched Is Selling Quickly
- ARTnews's Complete Art Basel Miami Beach 2016 Coverage
- Scenes From Art Basel Miami Beach, Part 3
- 'The VIPs Are Just Not as Crazy': Art Basel Miami Beach Opens With Less Mania Than in Recent Years But Steady Sales