Grand Century, the ambitious Lower East Side space run by artists Dora Budor, Alex Mackin Dolan, and Olivia Erlanger, is doing its first-ever art fair this week, showing in a pint-sized project booth at NADA Miami Beach, which opened today at the Deauville Beach Resort. “We’re like a baby,” Budor told me happily. They have entered the fair game in high style, converting their room on a very high floor of the hotel (since it’s not always manned, we’ll refrain from publishing the room number), which is hosting NADA, into a gallery. On view around the nicely renovated room right now are works by Renaud Jerez, Darja Bajagic, Rosa Aiello, Dolan, Erlanger, and Budor, whose piece features a prop from Terminator 3. The plan is to rotate works in and out of the room throughout the next few days. There’s Champagne up there too.
- Lisson Gallery to Open Second New York Space on Tenth Avenue in Chelsea
- Shahzia Sikander Goes to Sean Kelly Gallery in New York
- Paul Schimmel Is Out at Hauser & Wirth
- Marlborough Chelsea Rechristened Marlborough Contemporary, Will Program a Second Space in London
- Andrea Rosen Gallery, a Chelsea Stalwart, 'Will No Longer Have a Typical Permanent Public Space and Therefore No Longer Represent Living Artists'