Grand Century, the ambitious Lower East Side space run by artists Dora Budor, Alex Mackin Dolan, and Olivia Erlanger, is doing its first-ever art fair this week, showing in a pint-sized project booth at NADA Miami Beach, which opened today at the Deauville Beach Resort. “We’re like a baby,” Budor told me happily. They have entered the fair game in high style, converting their room on a very high floor of the hotel (since it’s not always manned, we’ll refrain from publishing the room number), which is hosting NADA, into a gallery. On view around the nicely renovated room right now are works by Renaud Jerez, Darja Bajagic, Rosa Aiello, Dolan, Erlanger, and Budor, whose piece features a prop from Terminator 3. The plan is to rotate works in and out of the room throughout the next few days. There’s Champagne up there too.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Here's the Exhibitor List for Art Basel Miami Beach 2018
- Marfa's Getting an Art Fair
- Auction Records for Helen Frankenthaler, Joan Mitchell Could Fall at Christie's Evening Sale in November
- Here's the Exhibitor List for NADA Miami 2018
- 'It's an Experiment': Tobias Czudej, Former Owner of Chewday's in London, Launches Waldo Gallery in Maine