Grand Century, the ambitious Lower East Side space run by artists Dora Budor, Alex Mackin Dolan, and Olivia Erlanger, is doing its first-ever art fair this week, showing in a pint-sized project booth at NADA Miami Beach, which opened today at the Deauville Beach Resort. “We’re like a baby,” Budor told me happily. They have entered the fair game in high style, converting their room on a very high floor of the hotel (since it’s not always manned, we’ll refrain from publishing the room number), which is hosting NADA, into a gallery. On view around the nicely renovated room right now are works by Renaud Jerez, Darja Bajagic, Rosa Aiello, Dolan, Erlanger, and Budor, whose piece features a prop from Terminator 3. The plan is to rotate works in and out of the room throughout the next few days. There’s Champagne up there too.
ARTnews on Facebook
- At a Frenetic Outsider Art Fair Opening, Memory Jugs, New Discoveries, and a Family Affair
- A Tour of the 2018 Outsider Art Fair in New York
- Art Los Angeles Contemporary Announces 2019 Exhibitors List
- Miles McEnery Gallery Now Represents April Gornik
- Sarah Watson Joins Kayne Griffin Corcoran as President