Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Sotheby's Raises Buyer's Premiums for Live Auctions, Does Away With Buyer's Premiums for Online Sales
- Here's the 2017 NADA Miami Beach Exhibitor List
- Here's the 2017 Outsider Art Fair Paris Exhibitor List
- Expo Chicago Names Artists for Public Art and Sound Sectors
- NADA New York Moves to West SoHo for 2018 Edition