Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Estate of Jane Freilicher Is Now Represented by Paul Kasmin Gallery
- Charles Harlan Is Now Represented by Kayne Griffin Corcoran
- A Rare Florine Stettheimer Doubleheader: As the Whitney Museum Acquires One Painting, Another Heads to Auction
- Mignoni Gallery to Open on Upper East Side, Headed by Former Christie's Contemporary Director
- Kay Rosen Heads to Alexander Gray Associates in New York