Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- ‘There’s Something in This Model That Feels Outdated’: Ibid Gallery Closes Its Central London Space
- Scenes from Around Art Basel Hong Kong
- Didactic But Definitely Not Dull: A Report from Art Basel Hong Kong
- Estate of Betty Parsons, Storied Ab Ex Dealer Who Also Made Art, Goes to Alexander Gray Associates
- After 25 Years, New York's Sandra Gering Inc. Gallery to Close This Summer