Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Sotheby's $79.9 M. Postwar and Contemporary Sale Led by Warhol, Basquiat, Warhol-Basquiat Collaboration
- Pace Gallery to Show 'Theaters of Memory' Paintings by Jean Dubuffet in London
- At Christie's $190.3 M. Imp-Mod Sale in London, Record-Breaking $45.8 M. Beckmann Goes to Gagosian
- TEFAF New York Announces Exhibitors List for 2017 Fall Fair
- [UPDATED] A Recent History of Small and Mid-Size Galleries Closing