Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Gladstone Gallery Now Represents the Estate of Robert Mapplethorpe
- Hauser & Wirth Now Represents Geta Bratescu
- The Luckiest Guys on the Lower East Side: A Tour of Galerie Perrotin's New Five-Story Compound on Orchard Street
- Galerie Perrotin Now Represents the Estate of Hans Hartung
- Early Schiele Painting, Estimated at $30 M. to $40 M. by Sotheby's, Could Shatter Artist's Auction Record