Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
- Jay Gorney and Lisa Cooley Join Paula Cooper Gallery
- 'It's the Only Fair of Its Kind': Outsider Art Fair Opens Its 25th Edition in New York
- Ruba Katrib Named Curatorial Advisor for Frieze Focus
- Essex Street Gallery Relocates to Hester Street, Opening New Space With an Anti-Inauguration Show
- Marianne Boesky to Open Gallery in Aspen