Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Here's the Exhibitor List for NADA Miami 2018
- 'It's an Experiment': Tobias Czudej, Former Owner of Chewday's in London, Launches Waldo Gallery in Maine
- Sally Tallant, Lauren Haynes, and Dan Byers to Curate Sections of 2019 Armory Show
- Carpenters Workshop Gallery to Open Space in San Francisco
- Al Held Estate Goes to White Cube