Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Eyeing Art-Technology Commissions, Pace Gallery Launches PaceX Initiative—Christy MacLear Named CEO
- East Hampton Art Dealer Offers One-Day-Only Sale of Mother's Vintage Clothes
- At Auction, Returns for Works by Women Artists Are Outmatching Those of Men: Report
- Independent Art Fair Discontinues Brussels Edition
- Almine Rech Now Represents Closely Watched Painter Vaughn Spann