Last night, the Pérez Art Museum Miami celebrated the one-year anniversary of its move into its very beautiful Herzog & de Meuron-designed building with a party that included the DJ supergroup Future Brown (who have a great video on view inside the museum), the Los Angeles-based singer Kelela, and the DJ Total Freedom. There was also a flyboarding performance in the nearby Biscayne Bay that was choreographed by the DIS Magazine gang. Flyboarding? I had never heard of it. Turns out that it’s pretty much the most incredible, surreal activity ever invented by humans. Rather than have me try to explain what took place, please simply enjoy the video excerpt of the mesmerizing performance below.
- Wendy Vogel Will Organize the Curated Section of the 2017 Volta NY Fair
- Gorvy's Departure Shakes Up Christie's Amid a Changing Auction Landscape
- Brett Gorvy Leaves Christie's After Decades to Join Dominique Lévy in Gallery and Advisory Firm
- Sotheby's Acquires Anti-Forging Firm to Create New Scientific Research Department
- 'We Sold It All to the Best People': Despite Attendance Drop at Miami Basel, Art by the Young and Closely Watched Is Selling Quickly