The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
ARTnews on Facebook
- The Archives of American Art Launches Feature-Filled Online Research Guide to Chicago
- Gladstone Gallery Now Represents the Estate of Robert Mapplethorpe
- Miami's Locust Projects Names Lorie Mertes Director
- Hauser & Wirth Now Represents Geta Bratescu
- Independent Curators International’s 2017 Leo Award Will Go to Patricia Phelps de Cisneros