The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
- Candid Caricatures, Candy Coffins, and Cringe-Inducing Catharsis: A Walk Through Pedro Reyes's 'Doomocracy'
- Morning Links: Mary Boone Speaks Out Against Alec Baldwin Edition
- Marian Goodman Accepts the Leo Award at the 2016 ICI Benefit, Discusses Riding on Motorcycles with Larry RIvers
- Sotheby's Acquires Mei Moses Art Indices, an Analytic Tool that Evaluates Market Strength on Basis of Repeat Sales
- Lawrence Abu Hamdan Wins the 2016 Nam June Paik Award