The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
ARTnews on Facebook
- The Swiss Institute Opens Its New East Village Home With Show of Readymades
- Jennifer Y. Chi Is Out as Brooklyn Museum Deputy Director and Chief Curator
- Cleveland Museum Acquires Key Emma Amos Painting
- Tennis, Anyone?: A Look Inside Paddlecourt Gallery in Suburban Westport, Connecticut
- Gagosian Gallery Files Motion to Dismiss Steven Tananbaum's Jeff Koons 'Non-Delivery' Lawsuit