The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
ARTnews on Facebook
- MoCA Los Angeles Adds Amanda Hunt, Anna Katz to Curatorial Staff
- Andrea Büttner at Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Postmasters Gallery Expands to Rome, Names Kerry Doran Director
- SoHo Arts Network To Present Panel Discussion on '50s-'60s History and Downtown Culture Walk
- Baltimore Museum of Art Acquires Works by Mark Bradford, Paul Chan