The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
- Concrete Block to Levitate at Armory Show
- Dia Art Foundation Appoints Courtney J. Martin Deputy Director and Chief Curator
- Washington Art Consortium Disbands, Collection to Be Distributed to Its Member Museums
- Armory Show Food Purveyors Will Include Il Buco, By Chloe, Juice Press, Black Seed Bagels
- First Carol Rama Show in Venice in a Decade to Be Staged During Biennale