The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Independent Curators International Names Amanda Parmer Director of Programs
- Marfa's Getting an Art Fair
- Auction Records for Helen Frankenthaler, Joan Mitchell Could Fall at Christie's Evening Sale in November
- Here's a Look at What the Whitney Museum Has Acquired Over the Past Year
- Mapplethorpe Show in Portugal Sparks Censorship Controversy: Curator Resigns, Open Letter Circulates, Artist's Foundation Disputes Charge