The prominent Texas couple Jennifer and John Eagle have just pledged $3 million to the Dallas Museum of Art, to renovate one of the museum’s entrances into an open, transitional space, to be called the Eagle Family Plaza. The gift is supplemented by another $1.3 million from the Hamon Charitable Foundation, run by another well-known family of Texas philanthropists. John Eagle, who is a car dealer, served until recently as president of the museum’s board. Traffic through the museum has increased over the past few years, due in part to the museum’s return to free general admission, in 2013.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Anderson Ranch Executive Director Nancy Wilhelms to Step Down in Late 2018
- Laura Owens Designed iMessage Stickers for the Whitney—All for Free Download
- Here's the Exhibitor List for the 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair's First Marrakech Edition
- Designers (and Erstwhile Gallerist) Prem Krishnamurthy and Chris Wu on Wkshps, Their New Design Studio
- Morning Links: Paula Cooper Gallery Turns 50 Edition