Summer was once a time for rest and relaxation in the art game. No more! The art fairs just keep coming. Next week, the Chart Art Fair, which focuses on contemporary art, returns to Copenhagen for its third edition, at the Kunsthal Charlottenborg. Less than a month later, another fair, Art Copenhagen, which covers a wider historical range of art, alights in the Danish capital for the 19th time, at the Forum Copenhagen. Above, a look at their exhibitor lists, which skew heavily to Danish galleries, though to varying degrees. One of the key questions in the art-fair business right now is how to build a strong regional fair and gallery demographics are part of crafting a winning recipe. For more on that, here is a graphic on Expo Chicago, which has a more international reach, and the recent Seattle Art Fair.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Here's the Exhibitor List for NADA Miami 2018
- 'It's an Experiment': Tobias Czudej, Former Owner of Chewday's in London, Launches Waldo Gallery in Maine
- Sally Tallant, Lauren Haynes, and Dan Byers to Curate Sections of 2019 Armory Show
- Carpenters Workshop Gallery to Open Space in San Francisco
- Al Held Estate Goes to White Cube