Pretty incredible painting. It’s titled The Protector of Home and Family, dated 1969, and shows a woman holding a shotgun. Swann Galleries in New York is billing the piece as the “first known visual art work by Dr. Maya Angelou to be publicly exhibited or offered for sale.” It’s included in the house’s auction of the late writer’s art collection, which will take place tomorrow.
- Christie's Hires Max Carter as Imp-Mod Senior Vice President, Loses Global Head of Programming to White Cube
- Here Is the Exhibitor List for Art Basel 2017
- In and Around the Fair: A Report from Mexico City's Zona Maco
- Frieze New York Announces 2017 Projects Program
- Klimt Landscape, Estimated at Over $45 M., Will Lead Sotheby's Imp-Mod Sale in London