It was a week of huge contemporary art auctions in London. Just how huge? The above graph tells the story, comparing this week’s figures at the three big houses with the results for the same sales going back to 2011. The big news: Phillips stepped up its game this time, more than doubling its total from last year. Click for reports from Sotheby’s, Christie’s, and Phillips. (Note that all numbers have been converted from British pounds to U.S. dollars using the exchange rates at the time of the sales.)
- Andrea Rosen Gallery, a Chelsea Stalwart, 'Will No Longer Have a Typical Permanent Public Space and Therefore No Longer Represent Living Artists'
- Christie's Hires Max Carter as Imp-Mod Senior Vice President, Loses Global Head of Programming to White Cube
- Here Is the Exhibitor List for Art Basel 2017
- In and Around the Fair: A Report from Mexico City's Zona Maco
- Frieze New York Announces 2017 Projects Program