Art Basel Miami Beach has announced the schedule of the fair’s film program. It will feature 50 films by and about artists under the rubric “Our Hidden Futures,” selected by David Gryn, the director of Daata Editions. In addition, the feature-length film The Troublemakers — The Story of Land Art, 2015, by James Crump, which was chosen by curator Marian Masone, will screen at the Colony Theatre on Friday, December 4, at 8:30 p.m.Other pieces include sound work by Mariele Neudecker, Sofie Alsbo, and Camille Norment; short films by Rineke Dijkstra, Simone Leigh and Liz Magic Laser (exploring the “allure of the arena” in a work called Speak Easy), Tracey Emin, and Sue De Beer; as well as a 61-minute satirical montage with contributions from Diana Thater, Chloe Wise and Claire Christerson, and Breda Beban. The film program runs from December 2 to December 6 at locations including SoundScape Park and the Miami Beach Convention Center.
- New York’s Clifton Benevento Gallery Closes
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques