After Art Basel Miami Beach in December, the next major fair on the calendar in the United States is Art Los Angeles Contemporary, which runs from January 28 through 31. Started in 2010, it was originally conceived to strongly highlight the galleries of L.A., with nearly half of the 48 exhibitors hailing from the city. But since then, as the graph above shows, it has increasingly broadened its purview beyond the city and expanded, so that next year it will have 66 galleries, with just a third calling Los Angeles home. The complete list of galleries in next year’s edition is here, along with some new projects that are in the offing for this edition. For close looks at other regional fairs, here are graphics comparing the exhibitor makeup of Expo Chicago versus the Seattle Art Fair and Art Copenhagen versus the Chart Art Fair, which both call Denmark’s capital city home.
- Andrea Rosen Gallery, a Chelsea Stalwart, 'Will No Longer Have a Typical Permanent Public Space and Therefore No Longer Represent Living Artists'
- Christie's Hires Max Carter as Imp-Mod Senior Vice President, Loses Global Head of Programming to White Cube
- Here Is the Exhibitor List for Art Basel 2017
- In and Around the Fair: A Report from Mexico City's Zona Maco
- Frieze New York Announces 2017 Projects Program