After Art Basel Miami Beach in December, the next major fair on the calendar in the United States is Art Los Angeles Contemporary, which runs from January 28 through 31. Started in 2010, it was originally conceived to strongly highlight the galleries of L.A., with nearly half of the 48 exhibitors hailing from the city. But since then, as the graph above shows, it has increasingly broadened its purview beyond the city and expanded, so that next year it will have 66 galleries, with just a third calling Los Angeles home. The complete list of galleries in next year’s edition is here, along with some new projects that are in the offing for this edition. For close looks at other regional fairs, here are graphics comparing the exhibitor makeup of Expo Chicago versus the Seattle Art Fair and Art Copenhagen versus the Chart Art Fair, which both call Denmark’s capital city home.
ARTnews on Facebook
- New UBS Collector Report on 'Art in Motion' Finds Market Moving Increasingly Online
- Untitled Art Fair's Inaugural Otazu Art Prize Goes to José Luis Landet
- Here’s the Exhibitor List for TEFAF New York’s Spring 2019 Edition
- On Opening Day of the Untitled Fair in Miami, New Collectors, Sales, and One Sleepy Dog
- For 2019 Material Fair in Mexico City, 73 Exhibitors, Plus Performances, Books, Ball Pit, and Bars