After Art Basel Miami Beach in December, the next major fair on the calendar in the United States is Art Los Angeles Contemporary, which runs from January 28 through 31. Started in 2010, it was originally conceived to strongly highlight the galleries of L.A., with nearly half of the 48 exhibitors hailing from the city. But since then, as the graph above shows, it has increasingly broadened its purview beyond the city and expanded, so that next year it will have 66 galleries, with just a third calling Los Angeles home. The complete list of galleries in next year’s edition is here, along with some new projects that are in the offing for this edition. For close looks at other regional fairs, here are graphics comparing the exhibitor makeup of Expo Chicago versus the Seattle Art Fair and Art Copenhagen versus the Chart Art Fair, which both call Denmark’s capital city home.
- Team Gallery to Open Second L.A. Space in Historic Venice Beach Post Office
- London Dealer Stuart Shave Now Reps Peter Halley and Josh Kline
- Apparently Ivanka Trump Is Taking Some Time Off From Her Dad's Presidential Campaign to Buy Some Mediocre Art at Frieze
- Here's the Exhibitor List for the Kabinett Sector at Art Basel Miami Beach
- Here's the Exhibitor List for the 2016 Edition of Untitled in Miami Beach