After Art Basel Miami Beach in December, the next major fair on the calendar in the United States is Art Los Angeles Contemporary, which runs from January 28 through 31. Started in 2010, it was originally conceived to strongly highlight the galleries of L.A., with nearly half of the 48 exhibitors hailing from the city. But since then, as the graph above shows, it has increasingly broadened its purview beyond the city and expanded, so that next year it will have 66 galleries, with just a third calling Los Angeles home. The complete list of galleries in next year’s edition is here, along with some new projects that are in the offing for this edition. For close looks at other regional fairs, here are graphics comparing the exhibitor makeup of Expo Chicago versus the Seattle Art Fair and Art Copenhagen versus the Chart Art Fair, which both call Denmark’s capital city home.
ARTnews on Facebook
- Expo Chicago Names Artists for Special Programming at 2018 Fair
- Here's the Exhibitor List for Contemporary Istanbul 2018
- Small Is Beautiful: Luxembourg & Dayan Will Stage Show of Alberto Giacometti's Tiniest Works, With Urs Fischer Exhibition Design
- Charles Gaines Is Now Represented by Hauser & Wirth
- Mika Tajima Joins Kayne Griffin Corcoran in Los Angeles