After Art Basel Miami Beach in December, the next major fair on the calendar in the United States is Art Los Angeles Contemporary, which runs from January 28 through 31. Started in 2010, it was originally conceived to strongly highlight the galleries of L.A., with nearly half of the 48 exhibitors hailing from the city. But since then, as the graph above shows, it has increasingly broadened its purview beyond the city and expanded, so that next year it will have 66 galleries, with just a third calling Los Angeles home. The complete list of galleries in next year’s edition is here, along with some new projects that are in the offing for this edition. For close looks at other regional fairs, here are graphics comparing the exhibitor makeup of Expo Chicago versus the Seattle Art Fair and Art Copenhagen versus the Chart Art Fair, which both call Denmark’s capital city home.
- Business by the Bay: Dealers Descend on San Francisco for Untitled and Fog Fairs
- Independent Brussels Releases 2017 Exhibitors List
- Susanne Hilberry Gallery, Detroit-Area Stalwart, Will Close After 40 Years
- Galerie Perrotin Will Debut New Lower East Side Space With Show From Iván Argote
- Pace Gallery Now Represents Loie Hollowell