The latest editions of the Venice Biennale and Istanbul Biennial recently ended their runs, and released news that each had set new records for attendance: more than 500,000 people for Venice, and 545,000 for Istanbul. The graph above takes a look at how many people attended a number of recent major exhibitions, including “State of the Art,” the ambitious survey of American art that opened at Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, Arkansas, last year and ArtPrize, the art competition that takes over Grand Rapids, Michigan, each fall. These numbers have been self-reported by each institution.
- Morgan Lehman Gallery Moving to New Location, on West 24th Street
- Mobile for the Moment, Swiss Institute Will Stage Shows at Temporary Space in TriBeCa
- A New Prize, Named for Donald Judd and David Hume, Will Award $39,400 and a Residency for Work on 'Seriously Neglected Topics'
- Morning Links: M&M's Edition
- Jeff Arnal Named Executive Director of Black Mountain College Museum + Art Center