The latest editions of the Venice Biennale and Istanbul Biennial recently ended their runs, and released news that each had set new records for attendance: more than 500,000 people for Venice, and 545,000 for Istanbul. The graph above takes a look at how many people attended a number of recent major exhibitions, including “State of the Art,” the ambitious survey of American art that opened at Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, Arkansas, last year and ArtPrize, the art competition that takes over Grand Rapids, Michigan, each fall. These numbers have been self-reported by each institution.
- A Tour of TEFAF New York Fall
- TEFAF Opens First New York Fair With Anderson Cooper Buying $275,000 Old Master as Oyster Shuckers Work the Aisles
- For FIAC, Projects Sprawl All Over Paris as Dealers Ring Up Sales Inside the Grand Palais
- Anicka Yi Wins $100,000 Hugo Boss Prize, Will Show at Guggenheim in April
- Selldorf Architects Selected to Design Frick Collection Renovation