The latest editions of the Venice Biennale and Istanbul Biennial recently ended their runs, and released news that each had set new records for attendance: more than 500,000 people for Venice, and 545,000 for Istanbul. The graph above takes a look at how many people attended a number of recent major exhibitions, including “State of the Art,” the ambitious survey of American art that opened at Crystal Bridges in Bentonville, Arkansas, last year and ArtPrize, the art competition that takes over Grand Rapids, Michigan, each fall. These numbers have been self-reported by each institution.
- Peter Doig Is Victorious: Judge Rules Artist Did Not Paint Disputed Painting
- Klaus von Nichtssagend Gallery Expands Into Former Essex Flowers Space
- Natalia Zuluaga Named Artistic Director of ArtCenter/South Florida
- Expo Chicago 2016 Announces Roster for Special Projects Sectors
- SculptureCenter Announces Fall Program, Featuring Debut New York Solo Exhibitions by Cosima von Bonin and Aki Sasamoto