Socrates Sculpture Park announced today that Jess Wilcox will be the outdoor Queens museum’s new director of exhibitions, effective immediately. She’ll be leaving her position as the Brooklyn Museum’s Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art programs coordinator, which she has held for four and a half years.In her time at the Brooklyn Museum, Wilcox notably organized the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center’s annual Women in the Arts talks and an outdoor Judy Chicago sculpture project that was exhibited in Prospect Park. She also co-curated the museum’s current show “Agitprop!” which focuses on politicized artists working outside the confines of arts institutions.Over the past decade, Wilcox has also held various positions at Performa, MoMA, Storm King Art Center, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and staged projects for Artists Space, Sculpture Center, and The Kitchen, among others. Aside from curating, Wilcox has also done interviews and reviews for Art in America and Artforum.
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close