The Quietus reported today that the musician and artist Fatima Al Qadiri has announced details of her new full-length album, Brute, to be released March 4 on the British label Hyperdub. The record’s cover features a sculpture by the artist Josh Kline, as modified by art director Babak Radboy.Po-Po was included as part of the Kline installation at the 2015 New Museum Triennial. Titled Freedom, the work featured mannequin-esque sculptures of militarized Teletubbies with television bellies. The content seems to fit with the theme of Al Qadiri’s record, which, according to Hyberdub, examines “the relationship between police, citizens and protest worldwide, particularly of her adopted home in the United States.”Listen to a track off of Brute below.
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close