Freeman’s auction house has announced the appointment of Timothy J. Malyk as their modern & contemporary art department head and vice president, to be based out of New York. Malyk was previously a senior member of the contemporary art department at Phillips. During his tenure there, he most notably founded Phillips’s “Under the Influence Auction” series and managed their 2010 record breaking Carte Blanche sale. He most recently worked as a consultant for online auctioneer Paddle8.Malyk’s first order of business in his new role will be consigning works for Freeman’s upcoming modern & contemporary art auction, scheduled for May 1. Post has been updated to reflect that Malyk’s most recent job was at Paddle8.
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close