Today and tomorrow, the young artist Arvid Logan will be airbrushing shirts at the artist Tom Sachs’s Bodega pop-up, located at 245 Centre in Lower Manhattan. The ’brushing is part of a week-long takeover of the space by the 8 Ball Zine collective.Logan is a part of the young music-and-art collective Letter Racer, which notably includes the rap group Ratking, for whom Logan has designed clothing and album art. Logan told me over the Internet that he will be bringing some pre-made shirts and also making some on the spot. There will also be stick-and-poke tattoos available (not by Logan). Shirts are going for $40.Below, watch a short documentary made about Letter Racer by Nicolas Heller.
- Artist Darja Bajagic Alleges Censorship of Work Featuring Swastika and References to Nazism
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Names Daniel H. Sallick Board Chair
- Summertime Bruce: Watermill Center's Summer Benefit Will Feature Bruce High Quality Foundation
- Digital Arts Magazine Triple Canopy to Move from Greenpoint to Chinatown
- This Magic Moment: Ugo Rondinone Places Seven Mountains in the Desert Outside Las Vegas