The Rema Hort Mann Foundation today announced the recipients of its 2016 Emerging Artist Grants in Los Angeles, which provide unrestricted funds stipend of $10,000. In addition, the foundation offered the first ever Stanley Hollander Award, which gives an additional $5,000 to one of the grantees.The artists receiving the grants are Lauren Davis Fisher, Kenyatta Hinkle, Gelare Khoshgozaran, Nick Kramer, Nevine Mahmoud, Lee Relvas, and Daniel R. Small. The Stanely Hollander Award is going to Marisa Takal.Grantees were selected through a closed-call nomination process, with over 65 participants. The judges were curator Edward Hayes, curator of exhibitions at the Museum of Latin American Art; collector Susan Hort; Jamillah James, assistant curator at the Hammer Museum; and Kate McNamara, director of galleries and exhibitions at Otis College of Art and Design.The Rema Hort Mann Foundation, founded in 1995, supports emerging and mid-career artists as well as cancer patients needing assistance during treatment.A complete list of nominees can be found here.
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques
- Los Angeles’s Thomas Duncan Gallery Will Close
- SculptureCenter Announces New Summer Concert Series
- James Richards Will Represent Wales at the 2017 Venice Biennale
- Here Is the Line-Up for the Eighth Season of 'Art In the Twenty-First Century,' With New Host Claire Danes