Artadia has announced the five finalists for its 2016 Los Angeles Artadia Awards, selected from 684 applicants in late February: Rafa Esparza, Dan Finsel, Mariah Garnett, Dylan Mira, and Nate Page.The jurors for this round were Jarret Gregory, associate curator of contemporary art at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and Mark Beasley, a curator at Performa.To choose two ultimate winners, Gregory will partner with Kris Kuramitsu, deputy director and senior curator of the Mistake Room in Los Angeles, to go on studio visits with the five finalists early next month. Each winner will receive $10,000.
- New York’s Clifton Benevento Gallery Closes
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques