The Los Angeles Country Museum of Art has announced that it is adding three new members to its board of trustees: Thelma Golden, Soumaya Slim, and Caroline Grainge.Golden is the director and chief curator of the Studio Museum in Harlem, which means she’ll have to commute in for board meetings. Soumaya Slim is the daughter of the collector Carlos Slim, and a former director of the Soumaya Museum, the Mexico City institution that houses her father’s collection. Caroline Grainge is the wife of Lucien Grainge, the CEO of Universal Music Group who last month topped Billboard’s Power 100 list.The LACMA board is known to be more starry than your average museum benefactors list—not every board of trustees gets to count Ryan Seacrest as one of its members. Last year, Antony P. Ressler and Elaine P. Wynn were named the co-chairs.
- New York’s Clifton Benevento Gallery Closes
- ‘Give Me Some Power Chords, Really Loud!’ Things Got a Little Rowdy at Last Night’s Kitchen Gala
- Andrea Rosen Gallery Names Four New Partners
- Kraftwerk Will Attend a Movement Festival After-Party at the Museum Of Contemporary Art Detroit This Weekend
- Brant Publications Assumes Full Control of ARTnews, Art in America, Modern and Antiques