The Museum of Modern Art in New York has revealed the artist list for the 2018 edition of “New Photography,” the museum’s survey of emerging artists working in photo-based mediums. (The last edition of “New Photography” was in 2015.) The 2018 edition of “New Photography” opens on March 18, 2018.
Seventeen artists will be included in the survey, which will be titled “Being.” Curated by MoMA assistant curator Lucy Gallun, the show will include work that touches on, among other things, masks and avatars, the history of portraiture, and the thin boundary between public and private. All of the artists included will be showing work primarily made since 2016.
The artist list for “Being: New Photography 2018” follows in full below.
- Sofia Borges (Brazilian, born 1984)
- Matthew Connors (American, born 1976)
- Sam Contis (American, born 1982)
- Shilpa Gupta (Indian, born 1976)
- Adelita Husni-Bey (Italian, born 1985)
- Yazan Khalili (Palestinian, born Syria, 1981)
- Harold Mendez (American, born 1977)
- Aïda Muluneh (Ethiopian, born 1974)
- Hương Ngô and Hồng-Ân Trương (American, born Hong Kong, 1979; American, born 1976)
- B. Ingrid Olson (American, born 1987)
- Joanna Piotrowska (Polish, born 1985)
- Em Rooney (American, born 1983)
- Paul Mpagi Sepuya (American, born 1982)
- Andrzej Steinbach (German, born Poland, 1983)
- Stephanie Syjuco (American, born Philippines, 1974)
- Carmen Winant (American, born 1983)