Meeting in Miami, Haitian-born artist Edouard Duval-Carrié and Harlem-born writer Carl Hancock Rux discovered they shared the same bedside reading: The Kingdom of this World by Alejo Carpentier. This fantasy-infused historical novel recounts political unrest surrounding Haiti’s independence in 1804. … Read More
- Morning Links: Oreo Art Edition
- ‘We Didn't Call It Soho, It Was Just ‘Downtown’ ’: Bill Beckley Gives a Tour of His Apartment of 43 Years
- Chelsea Gallery Mixed Greens to Close in December
- Cate Blanchett to Be Honored at MoMA's Eighth Annual Film Benefit
- Derek Eller Gallery Is Opening A Pop-Up Space in L.A.