Earlier tonight Christie’s hosted an impressive $705.8 million auction that set a new world record for a single work of art at auction with Pablo Picasso’s Les femmes d’Alger (Version ‘O’) (1955), which went for $179.3 million. The evening also set six new auction … Read More
- Which Artworks Earned the Best Returns at the May Auctions?
- Christie's Also Served a Ridiculous Amount of Coffee Last Week
- Just How Big Were This Week's Contemporary Art Auctions?
- Price Check: Frieze New York 2015
- Phillips Closes Spring Auctions With Fainting Spell and Respectable $97.1 M. Contemporary Sale