This Privacy Statement sets forth the information gathering, use, and dissemination practices of ARTnews, LLC (“ARTnews”) in connection with the World Wide Web site located at www.artnews.com (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement addresses ARTnews’s practices regarding information collected only directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected other than directly through or from the Site, including, without limitation, from or via telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. ARTnews can be contacted by mail at 48 W 38th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10018, by phone at 212-398-1690, by facsimile at 212-819-0394, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors ARTnews may collect or track (1) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with ARTnews via e-mail, and (2) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data). Personal information, such as user’s name, address and contact information, may be gathered from you on a voluntary basis, at various times on the site. Users need not submit this information to use the site.When a visitor performs a search within the Site, ARTnews may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. ARTnews may also record limited information for every search request and use that information to solve technical problems with the services available directly or indirectly in connection with the Site and to calculate overall usage statistics.
ARTnews may place Internet “cookies” on visitors’ hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and the pages of a site viewed by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site, ARTnews may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of their Web client software, if available.ARTnews also may use Web bugs to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. A Web “bug” is a file object, which can be a graphic image such as a transparent one pixel-by-one pixel graphics file, which is placed on a Web page or in an e-mail message to monitor user activity. A Web bug can gather, for example, the IP address of your computer, the time the Web page was viewed, and the type of browser used.
- Use of Personal Data Collected Personal data collected by ARTnews may be used by ARTnews for many reasons, for example, for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of users’ behavior, for product development, for content improvement, for fulfillment of a requested transaction or recordkeeping, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data and individually identifying information, such as names, postal, and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to ARTnews may be added to ARTnews’ databases and used for future calls and mailing regarding Site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events. ARTnews also may use Site visitor data to contact the Site visitors regarding account status and changes to the subscriber agreement, privacy statement, and any other policies or agreements relevant to Site visitors.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties While ARTnews may undertake efforts to see that any third party to or with which ARTnews shares, rents, sells, or otherwise discloses personal data is under a contractual obligation to use the personal data solely for the purposes for which the data was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which ARTnews exercises no control. ARTnews is not responsible for their conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices and ARTnews will not be liable therefor.This Site may contain links to other World Wide Web sites or advertisements for or placed by third parties. Additionally, portions of this Site may be hosted or operated by third parties (such Site portions will be identified by a “powered by” logo or notice or visitors’ referral to such portions will be preceded by a notice that they are leaving the main Site or a similar notice). ARTnews is not responsible for the privacy or data collection practices of such Web sites, advertisers, or third parties, or for the content of any third-party Web sites or advertisements. It is possible that these links, hosted portions of the Site, or advertisements, themselves, may be used by third parties or others to collect personal or other information about Site visitors. It is solely the visitors’ obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these other Web sites and of these advertisers and third parties.
- Our Commitment to Security ARTnews has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Please be advised, however, that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from ARTnews via this site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, ARTnews is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with ARTnews via email or the Internet, visitors can contact ARTnews by mail at 48 W 38th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10018, by phone at 212-398-1690, by facsimile at 212-819-0394.
- Opt-Out Right Except as necessary for ARTnews to provide the services, information, or products requested by a visitor, the visitor may opt out of having his or her personally identifiable information, which has been voluntarily provided to ARTnews through an account registration, customer order, or electronic news or information subscription, prospectively retained by ARTnews, used by ARTnews for secondary purposes, or disclosed by ARTnews to third parties, by contacting ARTnews via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses set out above.
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data Upon a visitor’s request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, ARTnews will provide to the visitor a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by ARTnews regarding the visitor, which information has been voluntarily provided by a visitor to ARTnews through an account registration, customer order, or electronic news or information subscription. A visitor may modify, correct, change or update their personally identifiable information by contacting ARTnews via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above.
This Privacy Statement is effective May 01, 2006.
Last Updated: May 01, 2006.