Governments in the United Arab Emirates are spending billions of dollars in an ambitious, unprecedented effort to create cultural districts with world-class museums—along with a support system of creators, dealers, and collectors. But many Western art professionals wonder if this massive undertaking, launched at a dizzying scale and pace, can be successful. Read More
ARTnews on Facebook
- Jill Magid Wins Biannual $50,000 Calder Prize
- Masterpieces from the Margins: The Outsider Art Fair Triumphs in New York
- David Setford Named Executive Director of Tacoma Art Museum
- Chana Budgazad Sheldon to Direct Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami
- Meditating Soldiers, a Giant Crossword Puzzle, and Yoga Mat Toilet Paper: Maryam Jafri on Her Exhibition 'War on Wellness'