Governments in the United Arab Emirates are spending billions of dollars in an ambitious, unprecedented effort to create cultural districts with world-class museums—along with a support system of creators, dealers, and collectors. But many Western art professionals wonder if this massive undertaking, launched at a dizzying scale and pace, can be successful. Read More
ARTnews on Facebook
- Shanghai Biennale Names Cuauhtémoc Medina as Curator for 2018
- 'This Art Speaks to Me': Audrey B. Heckler on Her Collection of Outsider Art at Sara Kay Gallery
- Sotheby's Totals $310.2 M. at Postwar and Contemporary Sale, Bacon Triptych Sells for $36.8 M.
- Phillips Hauls in $113.9 M. at Solid 20th-Century and Contemporary Sale, With $21.1 M. Peter Doig Leading the Way
- North Carolina Museum of Art Director Lawrence J. Wheeler to Step Down in 2018