Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
ARTnews on Facebook
- Regrets, They've Had a Few: Top 200 Collectors Reflect on the Ones That Got Away
- Karma International Relocates Gallery in Zurich, Will Open with Meret Oppenheim Show
- Metro Pictures Now Represents Judith Hopf
- Auction Items: Flipping a Kerry James Marshall, Day-Sale Surprises, and Jeff Koons Oddities
- Sotheby's Totals $310.2 M. at Postwar and Contemporary Sale, Bacon Triptych Sells for $36.8 M.