In the February 1961 issue of ARTnews Robert Rosenblum tackled the tradition of the sublime, looking at art that instills feelings of fear and awe in viewers, overwhelming the senses. First theorized by Longinus and then revived during the 18th-century Enlightenment in Europe by Edmund … Read More
- A Closer Look at the New Directors of Italy's Top 20 Museums
- Gallery Diet Is Moving Out Of Miami's Wynwood District
- Glenn Ligon Names His Ten Favorite Books, Includes 'Citizen' Among Them
- Morning Links: @dirty_corner Edition
- Met To Remain Open Until Midnight for Final Weekend of 'China: Through the Looking Glass'