Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
- How Do Art Businesses Stack Up on Facebook?
- Sotheby's London Cleaners Barred From Work After Protest
- Chelsea's Anna Kustera Gallery Changes Name, Heads to Brooklyn
- A Gallery Grows In the Galeries: The Grandest Shopping Center in Paris Turns to Contemporary Art
- Sotheby's Sells $203.6 M. of Contemporary Art in London, Led by a $32.8 M. Warhol Dollar Bill