Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
ARTnews on Facebook
- Kay Rosen Heads to Alexander Gray Associates in New York
- 'It Was Just a Gift From a Friend': An Old Basquiat Associate Sets Out to Authenticate a Drawing
- Never-Auctioned Léger Estimated at $65 M. Will Lead Christie's Imp-Mod Sale During New York Auctions in November
- Christie’s to Offer Last Leonardo Painting Left in Private Hands at November Contemporary Sale, Estimated at $100 M.
- Jessica Kreps Named Partner at Lehmann Maupin