Auction sales are what one dealer calls the “visible part of the iceberg.” But how big is the rest of it? According to dealers, auction house experts, and other advisers, the private art market is exponentially larger—fueled by increasing demand from Russia, Asia, the Middle East, and other emerging markets. Read More
- Lisson Gallery to Open Second New York Space on Tenth Avenue in Chelsea
- Shahzia Sikander Goes to Sean Kelly Gallery in New York
- Paul Schimmel Is Out at Hauser & Wirth
- Marlborough Chelsea Rechristened Marlborough Contemporary, Will Program a Second Space in London
- Andrea Rosen Gallery, a Chelsea Stalwart, 'Will No Longer Have a Typical Permanent Public Space and Therefore No Longer Represent Living Artists'